Favourite and recommended Kontakt Library/Banks

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by curness, Oct 10, 2023.

1. curness

curness Noisemaker

With so many Kontakt Libraries to choose from there are lots of hidden gems out there. I know Spitfire, Soundiron, Cinematique, Orange Tree Samples, Heavyocity, Sonuscore, Zero G make some great stuff but who else do you like? Please share your favourites.

3. macros mk2

macros mk2 Rock Star

my go to for strings has been the Tokyo scoring strings set from impact. I've liked a lot of their stuff, like their native flute series. I'm getting the Berlin sound stuff currently- not sure how that stacks up.

I have lots of pianos cause yeah, the pearl one that is 40gbs from impact again I think I really like. the teletone audio stuff is all great.

4. curness

curness Noisemaker

Thanks - I will take a look. I really like Tina Guo from Cinesamples. Those violins sound pretty realistic.

5. macros mk2

macros mk2 Rock Star

yes! and Joshua bells violin, same thing. I use the Tokyo as my base but those are my "lead" cellos/violins if I need them. if you have the space it's best imo to have multiple like cellos and such cause they have different sounds- it can be useful for stacking things up.

ps I agree with your favorite companies I have a lot from all of those two.

6. holdup13

holdup13 Kapellmeister

Anything from Cinematic Studio Series - favourite amongst professional composers. Not many articulations, but they are all very well recorded and programmed. I can't say what makes them "shine" because they are just balanced in every aspect, which is why many love them.
    Orchestral Tools Berlin Series - probably the most beautiful sounding orchestral libraries. A lot of articulations. Lots of mic positions. The woodwind sounds make me cry.
    Fracture Sounds Spotlight Piano - superb piano, very dramatic and emotive. It's perfect for sketching.
    Anything from Performance Samples - generally lightweight libraries and incredibly powerful playability. They do perform at the highest level.
    Strezov Sampling Afflatus Chapter I Strings - a different yet complementary sound to the other orchestral/string libraries I mentioned already. This has more of a chamber sound, more traditional sounding strings. It also has awesome features such as auto divisi combined with polyphonic true legato.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  7. curness

curness Noisemaker

I already have Berlin Series and agree is excellent. Thank you and will check out the other recommendations.

8. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

my favorites and what i use the most is Audio Imperia and Metropolis and Joshua Bell Violin....i use Spitfire every now and then but it comes off as more of a underscore type of sounds that Spitfire makes it's almost like a intimate type of sound they have .....its not in your face like Audio Imperia and Metropolis

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  9. Atlantis84

yeah they flutes are some of the best out very detailed and also in your face

10. Atlantis84

You can also check out Audio Bro stuff they are good as well and L.A. Scoring strings they are good if u can get past the big interface gui

11. curness

curness Noisemaker

Thank you Atlantis - Gonna need to buy a new external hard drive to get these goodies.

12. Depezwa

Depezwa Noisemaker

The Libs I use the most are:
    Native Instruments Abbey Road 70s Drums
    Peter Siedlaczeks String Essentials
    Ivory German Concert D
    SonicCouture EP73

13. curness

curness Noisemaker

Hey folk if you want something a bit different try out from Audiofier Tetrality 2. Lovely sounds.

14. herznote

herznote Ultrasonic

everything from "Performance Samples" is also highly recommended

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Depezwa

Depezwa Noisemaker

I'm impressed, good sampled instruments.:like:

16. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Output Exhale (For any Kind of Vocal Instruments, Vocal Phrases and Vocal Shot the Phrases and Shots can be tuned to key inside Kontakt)

Strezov Sampling Balkan Ethnic Orchestra (The Romantic Gypsy Violin is so unique also some other nice Stuff inside)

NI Cermona Quartet (Stradivari Violin & Cello, Guaneri Violin and Amati Viola)