Favorite Reverb Plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shiftsz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

if you get bored check out nebula's cupwise plates, or tim pethericks. nebula is on sister site and some of cupwise. they sound great.

2. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

is new Klanghelm reverb actually that good, or is it just a first impression yet?

3. Pat22

Pat22 Member

Very good especially on drums . I played with it for some time and its awesome . I read also in Audioz that Valhala Dev congrat Klanghelm Dev for this reverb ! He also said that in drums is superb ( with his own words of course ) . I tried it on a drum kit before i read the comment so i wasnt biased and he is absolutely on point ( i think he knows better than me hehehe .... ) . Heavy on CPU though .

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

Check Soundtoys Super Plate, sounds much better. Or UAD Lexicon 224, it has couple plates algo also. Bought it in pack for 45$. My fav now.

5. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

Lately I've been trying out the UAD spark bundle reverbs and some really good sounding reverbs in there!
    Sound City Studios
    Capitol Chambers
    Hitsville Reverb Chambers
    Pure Plate Reverb
    Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb.

6. erminardi

erminardi Kapellmeister

Recently Accentize Chameleon is my favourite for realistic environments and rooms <3
    It's a lot of fun to go outside with my Zoom H6 and capture some chameleons and turn them into presets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Nemanja504

Nemanja504 Newbie

8. sexnihilo

sexnihilo Member

Generally, there is very little love for the Goodhertz Megaverb :) Therefore even if it's mentioned, I wanted to share it.

9. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

What about delay? I'm wondering if the delay plugins also affect the sound a lot, like reverb.

10. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

they can, it depends on the settings. reverb is a type of delay, just more complex (chorus, phaser and flanger fx are also types of delays). you can make some delays sound like reverb with the feedback, diffusion and cross talk settings, if they have them. reverbs can sound like slap or doubling delays depending on decay, pre-delay and time settings

you can make reverb that isnt really noticeable in the stereo image, or a delay with feedback that dominates the mix. it all depends on the settings

11. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

The thread became useless a while ago...why? Beacause calling any unit of reverb good, awesome or bad and awfull depends
    on the genre/style you're going to use it for...
    for example: orcestral themes require convolver with good IR, electronic requires a reverb with big unreal spaces etc...
    so, it could be useful for all to make a poll about generes/preferable reverbs

12. JEPasCP1

JEPasCP1 Member

I actually like the power of convolution reverb where any sound you like turns great sound design, anything from emulating classical space, capturing physical algorithmic reverb to creatives like synth sound turn into resonating reverb, it's very versatile.

13. woggle

woggle Noisemaker

I agree with this - there are many different reverbs out there, I have more than enough of them :) but most get some use. I like Inspirata for positioning sound sources in natural spaces. DearVR Pro is also good at spatial positioning that has a natural sound. Both those companies have intro products at a good price.
    People often include Zynaptiq Adaptiverb as a reverb but I think of it as more an effect, similarly for Eventide Blackhole, I use that as more of an effect as well. But within that idea of creating a sound space - there are stacks of reverbs that fit this category

Then there are others that are great for allowing incredible detail in constructing early reflections and other parameters - for that I have Ircam Tool Verb but Eventide also have a beauty for detailed programming - Ultraverb

Liquidsonics are another company that have great reverbs fullfiling a range of functions

14. macros mk2

This thread says FAVORITE not best or worst reverb. It's for people to read through and see others opinions on reverbs to guide them in making their own conclusions. It will be relevant as long as reverbs are used in music and new ones get released.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Thx, but what I'm talking is which delay plugins are good.

16. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Once more: if you do an orchestral, easy listening or classical ensembles, solo pianos etc, and some one tells you, his FAVORITE reverb is Eventide Blackhole, then...I'd like to see your listeners faces:woot: if you put it on your track

17. macros mk2

yes, different styles of reverbs have different uses. yes context matters.

18. 4096

4096 Producer

Relab's Sonsig Rev A doesn't really get enough love. It's actually quite a swiss army knife - from gated drum reverbs to super lush ambient stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

it depends on what youre looking for, Fabfilter Timeless 3 is really good all around though. i also like Black Rooster Audio's TD-201 for space echo emulation; both sound great

20. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

It is an underrated gem indeed.

Maybe it's because I haven't spent enough time with it, but I never think to use it because it has too much character and deserves to be known more intimately : if I know the sound I'm after I'll probably get there quicker with stuff like Valhalla or Pro-R.