Favorite Reverb Plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shiftsz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

Yeah! It's really nice to see collaboration between DSP devs in a world where that's pretty rare.

2. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Yes, I bought it some months ago. It's not your typical spring sound, but sounds more similar to plate reverbs.

3. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Agreed. It happens, but not as often as I think it should. I imagine it's a money-over-art deal... actually, I know that it is, in a few specific cases. :sad:
    Something that I always encourage people to do, is to follow the people involved in the creation of, or scripting of plugins. I was on board with Fuse Audio Labs from day one because Reimund Dratwa had been affiliated with Plugin Alliance and Brainworx, and had a hand in scripting a bunch of my favorite plugins under the PA banner, including the ACME XLA-3, and the NEOLD V76U73 (actually, all NEOLD plugins are still scripted by him,) among a lot of others. Incidentally, André Kirchner of Black Rooster Audio is ex-Brainworx too. It seemed smart to follow the talent. :yes:

4. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

I still swear Brainworx's quality dropped when Reimund left. Everything made by him I like :mates:

5. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

You could say that and many wouldn't contest it, you could also argue that they simply started putting more of their efforts and attention towards Plugin Alliance as a whole, and since it's 2023 and life isn't any fun unless you have a personification of evil to rally against, there's no doubt another group that would claim they were never any good and the company is made up of malicious entities from Lovecraftian worlds whose only interest is profit and devouring our young. Being a realist, I have to assume that there's a sprinkling of truth in each. :rofl:
    (I wish I would have grabbed a screenshot of it, but I swear that there was forum somewhere with a comment bashing PA and their sale practices, with the person citing their business tactics as a final affirmation of their being in league with satan. I'm paraphrasing only slightly, and dude seemed biblically serious. It takes all kinds, but come on... :no: )

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  6. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

ezgif-3-e0213787e5.jpg

I've never used a $7000 AMS RMX16 before but this plugin sounds amazing. I'd love to get my hands on the hardware version though if any one has a spare one lying around.:rofl:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

the color of that gives me a synthwave vibe humm i might have to check this out

8. PaydayMusic

PaydayMusic Newbie

Any Lexicon Bundle alternatives? really LOVE that sound, can't get it on my sad lonely Mac.

9. shafeeqbeats

shafeeqbeats Ultrasonic

10. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

Cupwise and Petherick, all of them for nebula, magic verb, quantum evolution 2, blackhole, Raummaschine are all my go to reverbs. I have east west installed but end up using nebula real spaces instead, and for plates and springs. hopefully add that Strymon one if they ever get it open.

11. macros mk2

you could try impulse sets. there are some Valhalla vintage verb presets "inspired" by it. psp makes some maybe for Mac too? nebula has a set I think. I got a very cheap pc laptop off craigslist you could buy one just for sister site software.

12. ElectroCity

ElectroCity Ultrasonic

baby audio crystalline.

sounds most professional out of the box by far. and of course, tons of options to modificate the verb.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

Any of the newer PSP plugins are ilok2. Their PSP42 might be very nice; their site mentions it was actually approved by Lexicon. But for 150$, I will pass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Check out the Nevo Impulse Response library for RMX 16. Sounds pretty convincing and i tested side by side with this plugin and i prefer the Convolution. That satisfied my RMX 16 in the box desires

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. clone

clone Audiosexual

the Arturia RevLX24 is not a bad 224 clone. But why must the insist on a picture of it sitting on a desk? No-one wants your bitmaps!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Dj Renigade

Dj Renigade Newbie

My Go to is Breverb2 in Cakewalk. If im in Maschine or Reaper, its Ozone 5

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  18. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

i have a change of heart the Lexicon PSP 42 by Psp Audioware is becoming my favorite

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. macros mk2

i spent a lot of money on styrmon big sky plugin.... and it's awesome. exactly what i was hoping it was ( i mean i knew once i used the demo) but yeah real swiss army knife of a plugin. now i'm broke. but yeah a TON of different options and they all sound fucking great and go into the mix awesome, imo.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  20. Pat22

Pat22 Member

more than 5 and not in order

Denise Audio Perfect Plate
    Kush Audio Goldplate ( with a second cpu to handle it lol )
    Rare Signals Transatlantic Plate Reverb
    112dB Redline Reverb 2
    Audiority XenoVerb
    PSPaudioware PSP 2445 EMT
    Polyverse Music Comet
    Klanghelm TENS