Favorite Reverb Plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shiftsz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You don't like the TC stuff?VSS3 and all their last plugins?TC has been famous for his Hall reverbs.

2. I was tempted by the recent sale on UAD Capitol Chambers, but after a comparison with the Softube, decided I didn't need it. The Tsar is so rich. And I agree that Blackhole is a weapon!

3. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I haven't tried any of the stuff based on their hardware. I remember using TC Worx's reverbs back in the pre-Intel days (I'm on a Mac) and all of them sounding really bland to me. Later, I had a Konnekt 24-D with DSP-powered reverb plugs and it was the same deal. Speaking of which, I'm not a huge fan of TC's customer support -- one of the FW ports on my 24-D interface was faulty, so I contacted them and their reply was "We don't make the 24-D anymore, you should buy a TWIN interface." Which they also don't make anymore. I appreciate that they make money off of selling new hardware, but if you can't support the hardware you previously sold, it doesn't bode well for any of your hardware.

Anybody ever try HD Cart? I've been searching around for a k'd version, but no luck. It might be an obscure plug.

4. waverider

waverider Rock Star

@Iggy
    Do you have any of the newer LiquidSonics reverbs, like Illusion or Seventh Heaven? Heard a lot of good things about those.

@Ispypotential
    What I personally don't like about them is that you only get one single iLok authorization. But yeah I got some of them at ridiculously low prices ever since they got acquired by iZotope. Sound great for sure.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I've actually never heard of them! I did a little research after I read this and may have to check them out!

6. Cube Sixty-Three

Cube Sixty-Three Kapellmeister

Don't do it! It's not worth it. I've all their products only Lustrous is OK but to be honest, I don't even use it, all over priced.

7. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Relab reverbs are awesome if you get some money.They are on sale right now:
    https://relabdevelopment.com/relab-store/

8. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

It might not be the best sounding one but I like Fruity Reverb 2 because it's so simple to use and I just know what every knob does.

9. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Hey, what works, works!

10. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. I tracked down Reverberate v2 and tried it out. It pretty much sounds the same as most reverbs I've tried -- lots of cheap-sounding metallic slapbacks and overly echo-y halls. At least I gave it a shot!

11. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

Softube TSAR-1

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

13. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

End of thread :bleh:

14. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Damn, I was not aware that people disliked the Liquidsonics reverbs. I always thought their Seventh Heaven and Illusion were held in high regards because they implemented some new technique in sampling the IRs or something. I've seen some raving comments about them in forums and comments sections. Interesting to hear a different side of that.

15. VintageDOC

VintageDOC Kapellmeister

the LiquidSonics verbs are first class you just need to work with them. The new Cinematic Rooms is the only reverb I know that is in Exponential Audio class. Espeially for surround. But even in stereo mode it is quie extraordinary.
    For go to stereo, you can't beat Exponential's R4 and LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms or Lustrous. For surround, Symphony 3D and, again, Cinematic Rooms.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Cube Sixty-Three

You're reading the opinions of sponsors and influencers. Keep your money and look at other options plus the owner is an a$$hole anyways. Imagine spending close to $1000 on reverbs that you don't use cos it just doesn't have life, dull, miserable trash! Voxengo Oldskoolverb Plus kicks all the butt of Liquidsonics reverbs. No joke!

17. Cube Sixty-Three

Stop it!

18. waverider

waverider Rock Star

I heard good things about that new Cinematic reverb, although I am not from a post production movie background, but I can imagine it must be pretty nice for them.
    What about the Liquidsonics owner, what's the story there? I am not sure this would have anything to do with the quality of the plugins.
    The opinions that I read were on KVR, Reddit, YouTube comments and a few other places. Those were independent producers, no shills, as far as I could tell.

19. Cube Sixty-Three

It's OK, no need to doubt or worry yourself about people's opinions. Download the trials use them for a couple of days, afterwards use Oldskoolverb Plus and tell me what you think. Your ears won't lie to you right?

20. juggz143

juggz143 Kapellmeister

Almost read this whole thread until I realized it was from 2013 so I jumped to the end whew lol...

Anyway I personally love Seventh Heaven and recently have been using UVI's Sparkverb a lot.