Favorite Reverb Plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shiftsz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. robbsie

robbsie Newbie

just wondering if the Lexicon.PCM.Native.Reverb is only 32 bit don't know have not seen a 64 bit version, also use the liquidsonics reverberate........pretty straight forwards for a novice

2. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

That's right brotha' (when it comes about smoking :rofl: )

3. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

Top 5 of Reverbs? Ok:

1. Altiverb
    2. CSR Plate, Hall and Room reverb
    3. Overloud SpringAge
    4. Magnus Jonsson Ambience
    5. Focusrite Scarlett Reverb

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

I wonder if the Hall, Room, Plate and Inverse algorithms in Breverb are the same like the CSR plug-ins by IK.

Should download Breverb and make a comparison.

5. swing

swing Newbie

I also don´t have a 'go to' reverb. Sometimes you can´t.
    Usually I use Sonnox, that was the plug that showed me clearly how to push back things in a mix with ERs, so it´s nice for learning purposes and it sounded nice with any source I´ve feeded in.
    As somebody said here, some plugs give you an 'effect feel', and you end using reverb in a artificial way, and it´s nice to add the first small drops of reverb just to get some context, distance and separation. Then, you can go further.
    The best sounding results I´ve reached were done with 2, 3 or more reverbs, and feeding them really lightly and in different amounts for each instrument.
    Sometimes I set up 2 or 3 Sonnoxs with different ERs and use just that for separation, plus other plugs with more time and color to the dreamy job.
    Redline and Breverb are great for the extra color. Now, after this topic I´ve to try Valhalla for sure.

6. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

I have Lexicon PCM Total Bundle (all PCM reverbs & effects PlugIns), everything works flawless in 64 bit :wink:

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Newbie

I got a bunch of reverbs. It took a while to figure out which of them I am using most. Hmmm... depends on the job. Beside orchestral music your most commonly use more than one reverb in a mix. Some for giving more depth, others for smoothing or glueing stuff, and a main reverb.

For those jobs I am using RC48, Lexicon, Isotope, Oxford and, sometimes Altiverb.
    But I have to say that I also route hardware-reverbs into the mix like PCM92, EMT240, 480L or TC R3000. Somehow a better sound than the plugins.

For orchestral music I go for Altiverb or Spaces. But this will change in a few weeks when I have finally managed to get Mir Pro.

8. kola

kola Member

:wow: it seems u never listened to the EVENTIDE BLACKHOLE too bad, that its an ilok2 plug :snuffy:

9. jonmoi

jonmoi Noisemaker

Normally I use the impulse responses from WAVES but used the LEXICON reverbs the other night and was very surprised at their lovely tonal qualities

Regards

Jonmoi

10. erbmit

erbmit Newbie

Valhalla Room and Valhalla Shimmer, two vst plugins that create the most insane big reverbs ever. Cant go without them. Valhalla Room has a TON of different algorithms. Shimmer is more of a specific reverb-alike effect, first coined by Brian Eno, and can be heard on the album "Thursday Afternoon". Basically it uses a continuous pitch shifting feedback technique of the reverb tail, causing build-up to a lush harmonic stream.
    This way you can create - for example - dense drone pads from even a single sinewave frequency.

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah you can't beat the Lexicon, I mean that's their thing and they do it real fucking well. :grooves:

12. AKMusic

AKMusic Kapellmeister

I'm sure it's been said before… but they all have their place and use.

That said, I too have favorites.

1. Altiverb and 2CAudio's Aether together (for orchestral sections and ambience)
    1. 2CAudio's Aether (alone)
    2. Valhalla Vintage Verb
    3. NI RC 48
    4. 2CAudio's Breeze
    5. Valhalla's Shimmer
    6. NI RC 24
    7. 112 dB RedLine Reverb
    8. Lexicon PCM (still trying to determine if I like this verb)...

13. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

I personally like the RC24/48 of Native Instruments for more electronic music and Altiverb for pianos and orchestral-type music

14. Victor

Victor Noisemaker

My favorite reverbs are:

Wizoo Verb W2 (on the backing instruments)
    Plug and mix Digital Plate and Digital Reverb (on the lead voice/instrument).

15. cocoi

cocoi Newbie

+1 to Lexicon PCM Total Bundle. I'm start using it right now and i love it. I think the price is little bit expensive but they have a good customer support.

Before, i was Valhalla loyal customer & huge fan of Waves products. A few month ago i got problem with Waves license key and they recommended me to buy another key which annoying. I like Valhalla, but i don't like their product price ($50 every plugin, no bundling or best deal) & customer support.

16. jamzprod

jamzprod Noisemaker

Lexicon PCM is the best reverb plugin I've used so far. Gives me the exact result I'm looking for.

17. johnyrebb

johnyrebb Ultrasonic

I used to use Redline Reverb but the S.O.B timebombed on me all of a sudden! So I went ahead and bought Valhallas Room and Vintageverb, and man are they GREAT!

18. tek909

tek909 Member

I like to use these verbs mainly:

Valhalla
    Lexicon PCM
    Lexicon Pantheon II
    Aether
    Wizoo Verb 5

:wink:

19. Ra-f

Ra-f Newbie

Check out " QuikQuak Fusion Field " :grooves: i Love it

20. ibananov

ibananov Newbie

Guys, i think it's unfair to compare every reverb just like what it is for every one of us. There is a many different situations and tasks where i must achieve different results. So, we can't compose a single list of universal reverb processor! Reverberation on a live instruments and synth - two big difference! All its nuances. Sometimes i need super clear acoustic sound, sometimes i need a good release of sound, or i need seat up the object in a specific place. Room, hall, chamber, big spaces, short reflections.... Seriously, i had never met an universal reverb! It just doesn't exist!)) So we should understand them all and of cuz using a lot of reverbs for the different tasks. In our days we have a lot of really good soft reverbs. So, listen, feel and use what u like, there is no rules!