Favorite Reverb Plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shiftsz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

Any love for Ircam Verb v3? That's what I mostly use.

2. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I think a lot of the time for things to gain really widespread popularity it needs to be reasonably accessible to both the warez users and the legit users

In this case, there's not a fart's chance in a hurricane I'd pay $300 for a reverb lol. I'm sure it's very good, but with Valhalla being as good as it is, AND $50 it's hard to justify paying so much for another reverb. I have bought a couple UAD verbs, but they were always 50% off, plus a $25 coupon.

And more to my point, the UAD Lexicon 480L is as good as anything I've heard, and their Ocean Way Studios convolution verb has a little something special about it IMO, but nobody talks about them because you can only get them by paying for an expensive interface and then paying a stupid amount of money for a plugin

3. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

15 years later, I still don't really know how to use reverb, but I find myself putting Ambiance Reverb and Bright Orchestral Hall or whatever it's called, 0.0 Dry and somewhere between -15.0 and -10.0db wet on almost everything nowadays.

That's mostly just to use as a generic wet sound. When I need reverb to be something other than a formality, I use Valhalla and trying to get more use out of Fruity Convolution Reverb.

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Lately I've been running stuff through VCV Rack for FX and have discovered that Plateau is insanely awesome.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I like much the Eventide SP2016 reverb.It has the strict minimum parameters so it's easy to find the good settings.And it sounds great to my ears for synths or drums room reverbs and the plate algorithm is not bad either for snares.
    Most of the time I go with this Eventide SP2016 or with the Valhalla Room.
    And when I want to experiment with convolution it's the Melda MConvolution for its loads of parameters so you can manipulate IRs accurately or Altiverb because this one has great IRs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. senoide

senoide Member

I love the Valhalla VintageVerb !

7. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Arturia's 140 isn't perfect but It definitely has use in the mix.

8. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

It´s hard to talk about perfection but this one is my new war horse, and surprises me a lot coming free from Arturia. And talking about perfection two days ago appeared Denise Perfect Room which sounds really special to my ears.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. WIMA

WIMA Platinum Record

Different people, different thoughts, and of course different tastes ...

So, I use more frequently lately :
    Valhalla Vintage Verb
    2C Aether
    Waves RVerb
    Fabfilter Pro-R
    And Studio One Reverb stock plugin...

10. Eramis

Eramis Member

Hi everyone
    I like bllaha rom for instruments and leads but for voices I am a fan of the digital slated suit ... and for extended reverbs ... eventide black hole

11. Eramis

Eramis Member

Hi everyone
    I like bllaha rom for instruments and leads but for voices I am a fan of the digital slated suit ... and for extended reverbs ... eventide black hole

12. Eramis

Eramis Member

I'm sorry for the 2 messages

13. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Is that a SNES game i missed on my MAME emu ? Dam...
    Jokes aside, you must mean Valhalla Room i guess, welcome to the forum, happy new year :)

14. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I almost pick a reverb depending on what mood I'm in, or how the stars are aligned. The ones I'll always use are Valhalla (usually Room or VIntage), Blackhole and TVerb. I also like Slate Digital Verbsuite and Softube TSAR.

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I’ve been working overtime like a motherfucker lately and barely had a chance to try it. Seems like it sounds good but is it me or is it CPU heavy as hell? Like just loading it on my laptop, which has a six core 8th gen i7 bumped the cpu from 1% to 20%

Looking a gift horse in the mouth I guess but hopefully they can sort that out. I can run several of the UAD 140 if I need to and my dsp isn’t anything like an i7

16. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

Used to hate it but lately I love the Ableton stock reverb, Valhalla Room, and Altiverb are my go tos. I love Valhalla Shimmer for big shimmery reverbs. I dl'd the Denise Perfect Room from the sister site a few days ago and it's very strongly becoming a new contender for a go to for room sounds. It's very detailed and tight. Sounds really good.

17. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Think i can Run one EMT 140 on my Arrow lol.
    Next year after internship is over and hopefully a hire... knock on wood. I plan to upgrade my DSP... I did how ever take advantage of the sale and got to reset all my plugins.. very nice featurue.

but yea i love the Arturia 140, Ofc Vallhalla.
    Altiverb is a big favorite for instruments.
    Did not care for Slates plate or Native instruments Raium or what ever.. meh.

That perfect room, Glad im hearing some buzz about it, ive been going back and forth on to try or not.

18. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

My Lexicon, old Roland's and the Vermona VSR. Oh wait..

19. Frantiac

Frantiac Member

Not to everyone's taste but a touch of Poor Plate (14%) on the master bus while tracking keeps me happy...

20. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I'm mostly using R4 these days, expensive but worth a look if it is on sale or second hand (as I did).
    GUI is a tad ugly and not as easily usable as others, but the sound is excellent.

Still holding out for another Blackhole $29 sale... why I didn't snap it up last time is beyond me.