Favorite Reverb Plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shiftsz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. O3restes

O3restes Newbie

I know a lot of them.. Nobody likes the new Fabfilter R?? I LOVE IT!

2. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

3. vson

vson Noisemaker

Karma FX reverb is nice on drums

4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

- Lexicon and Eventide for the classic sounds. Top class plugs that sound almost identical to their hardware counterparts, especially the Lexicon PCM suite.
    - Altiverb and Nebula for their convolution engines that can bring real world venues in your mixing room with surgical precision.
    - Aether and B2 for the myriads of tweaks possible and also a pristine sounding algorithmic engine.
    Best newcomer FAbFilter R, it already rocks. Excellent sound, tons of options, amazing interface.
    - My honorable mention to UVI's Sparkverb. It is a capable reverb with a good price tag for what it offers imho.
    - And finally a hit and miss for Izotope, the demise of their Mastering Reverb. It is one of the best algorithmic verbs to my ears, just not meant to be used on everything. It never leaves my comp as all of above as well.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  5. Omman

Omman Ultrasonic

Eventide Ultra Reverb sounds fantastic.
    It's an algorithmic reverb and it is fantastic one of the best I have heard...period.

6. On Track Tuts

On Track Tuts Newbie

Check out Valhalla's Shimmer. An awesome algorithmic reverb plugin. And Altiverb if you looking for a great Convolution Reverb.

7. magentaappearance

magentaappearance Noisemaker

I previously used Valhalla Vintage Verb before, and now switched to Fabfilter Pro-R

I was been in control of Valhalla very well, and Pro-R is still somewhat more difficult to adjust from the frequency spectrum. But the end result sounds better and cleaner with Pro-R.

Tip for Bitwig users: use the ladder on reverb sendchannel and put in ladder the instrument like plucks which causes sometimes distortions by reverbs. just use the attack on ladder, and choose his LFO mode like "ramp down" :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  8. I have been using SKnote Verbtone for drum busses and my vocals lately. I have been having fun modulating an eq with the Verbtone coming through it. If you do it with another voice or an instrument in a sparse mix, it is a little different from what the ear usually hears and can make the moment a bit special. Creating unusual textures help make a piece a more interesting experience for a new listener to the song.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Caldera

Caldera Producer

UVI Sparkverb definitely!!

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Since this thread is back at the top, good a time as any to say this....

I got a really good deal on three Valhalla reverbs. Vintage Verb, Plate, and Room. They're all very nice but frankly I still find it a lot easier to dial in what I want with sparkverb. Might be because I've been using it longer.

11. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

I've fallen in love with Steven Slate stuff for awhile now. The new Verbsuite Classics doesn't just sound amazing, but it's super easy to use which is something I've never been before in a reverb. It's the best blend of simplicity and sound that I've used to date.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I still can't find a hall reverb I totally like. I'm amazed that LexHall doesn't sound better, but all their halls have too many early reflections, making everything sound like it's inside a cavern. Their Concert Hall has just the opposite reaction -- I can almost never hear it. IK's Classic Reverb is just as bad as LexHall. I can't seem to find a decent hall in Breverb 2, Arts Acoustic always sounds too bright and mechanical, Waves TrueVerb is too dense and realistic sounding. The problem I keep encountering is either the tails are too short for the early reflections, or it doesn't matter, since the early reflections are enormous. No reverb plug I've messed around with seems to have the right balance. I would use any of those for a specialty track, like a choir or horns, but what I'm really looking for is a decent utility hall reverb that sounds great on anything and I can use as a starting point. I already said this, but Arboretum's Hyperverb was damn near perfect. In fact, all their reverbs worked amazingly well.

Rooms, plates and springs, on the other hand, all usually wind up sounding great. LexRoom, Valhalla, Waves Renaissance Reverb, Altiverb, IK's Classic Reverb, etc. Brainwork just released a reverb, also.

13. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

Reverberate , Valhalla en Blackhole :D

14. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

@Iggy, I'm the opposite from you, lol. I usually get along well with most halls but can't for the life of me find a good room reverb. They always cause that ugly phasing thing.

15. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

Nobody likes TC Electronic VSS3 Native, Exponential Audio Nimbus / R2 / Phoenix ?

+1 Valhalla
    +1 Magix Variverb Pro

16. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Anything that works for you. I found ableton's reverb for basic use. Valhalla Room and VintageVerb sometimes when ableton's verb fails. PSP 2445 on drums. Valhalla Shimmer when huge reverb is needed.

17. spencer26

spencer26 Platinum Record

18. spiggy

spiggy Ultrasonic

Interesting somewhat unrelated side note. I've been looking at guitar reverb pedals lately and the same company that owns Lexicon (Harmon?) owns Digitech. Digitech recently released a stereo guitar pedal (could be used on anything I suppose) that includes 7 true Lexicon verb algorithms for $150 called Polara. Plate, Room, Spring, Hall, Modulated, Reverse, and Halo (shimmer) all the same studio quality Lexicon algorithms found in their rack units.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

For me, the best is a FREE plugin called Ambiance.... TOP notch!!!

20. charliekerper

charliekerper Member

UA's EMT 140