Favorite Ramen?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sinus Well, May 2, 2024.

1. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

ikkousha.com

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

yo in osaka, japan this place is the shit
    https://zundouya.com/menu

i always get the Vegetable Ramen, its the best ive ever tasted so far in my life. they cook in like these old ass shogun era looking iron pots; like its ridiculous how good it is, it looks basic but its fire

the only downside is its not filling for me, so i just order two; since its disrespectful there to ask for modifications to restaurant dishes at places like that, theyll kick you out. the couple times ive been to osaka though, i always get it

3. Sayan B

Sayan B Ultrasonic

This one is absolutely delicious.
    [​IMG]

4. sondiaz

sondiaz Member

This one is the cheapest in stores.
    But i like it xD
    [​IMG]

5. Semarus

Semarus Producer

Just about all ramen is comparable, I always add to it, so it looks like the picture. Usually a big spoon of doenjang, some leftover veggies from the fridge, meat if I have it, and some chopped scallions and chilies. I'll crack an egg in it if I'm feeling fancy.

6. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

A study published in Clinical Endocrinology in 2020 showed that an increase in salt consumption leads to a rise in cortisol levels in your urine and lower cortisol levels in your bloodstream. What does this potentially mean? Restricting your sodium intake may lead to higher levels of circulating cortisol.

Salt is often vilified, and many physicians instruct their patients to adopt a low-sodium diet for health reasons. However, not consuming enough of it may interfere with the removal of cortisol from our bloodstream. Sodium helps flush the stress hormone from the body, and avoiding it may ultimately lead to chronically elevated blood cortisol levels. If left untreated, high cortisol levels can lead to a variety of bothersome symptoms and potentially serious complications. Most people are experiencing some symptoms of elevated or dysregulated cortisol from life stressors, and abstaining from salt may be exacerbating the situation.

What Is Cortisol?
    Cortisol is an essential steroid hormone the adrenal gland produces in response to stress. It is often referred to as the stress hormone because the body releases it in higher amounts during the fight-or-flight response to a stressor. Cortisol helps release stored glucose from our cells so we have the energy to run away from a perceived threat.

The stress hormone has many vital functions, including regulating blood sugar levels, managing metabolism, controlling inflammation, and assisting with your sleep and wake cycle. It is an important hormone, however, high cortisol levels over a prolonged period of time can negatively affect health—including weight gain, high blood pressure, and weakened immune function.

The Difference Between Salt and Sodium
    People often use the words salt and sodium interchangeably, but there is a marked difference between the two. Sodium is a mineral found in many foods and is essential for our bodies to function properly. Salt is a combination of sodium and chloride. It is a chemical compound comprised of 40 percent sodium and 60 percent chloride, hence its moniker. Ultimately, sodium is one of two elements that salt is made from.

Sodium is an essential mineral that helps regulate the body’s fluid balance and maintain normal nerve and muscle function. It is also involved in the absorption and transportation of nutrients throughout the body. Essential means your body cannot make it, and you must get adequate amounts from the food you eat. What is our primary source of sodium? Salt.

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/low-sodium-diet-may-be-stressing-you-out

7. evolasme

evolasme Producer

8. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Mr. Noodles brand because it is the lowest in sodium a lot less than half of the other brands, I like to break up the noodles in the package first, then empty into a bowl add the flavor packet add 1 and 1/2 cups hot water, chop up and put in any left over meat add finely chopped onion & greens, or some mixed vegetables, black pepper, 1 tbs ketchup, some Sriracha sauce, put it on high in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, then enjoy. get creative and make up your own recipe.
    When I see some brands with 79-82% sodium it is insane, Mr. Noodles is 25-30% depending on the flavor.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
  9. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

MAMA Pork Flavor with green onions and cut some spicy beef jerky, garlic powder and a spoonful of chili sauce. Bomb!!! Add crackers to taste. Got me through college. Kept my grant money to buy computer stuff for making music, dammit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

these are also like low level investing. pretty damn good though.

[​IMG]

11. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Here in my country there are not a lot of variety sold. Perhaps that's something got to do with food habits. Only "MAGGI" from Nestle and Nissin "TOP Ramen" are widely available.
    Some imported packs like yours are sold in selective shops and quite costly. Wish more brands entering the market will bring down the price and consumers will have more choices :)

12. reaktor

reaktor Producer

too much salt and sugar (industrial) in the bin!

13. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

I also will often just munch on the noodles as a dry snack instead of chips or use them as a quick no fuss spaghetti put them in hot water for 3 minutes, drain, then add a pasta sauce, great when pressed for time.

14. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

15. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Okay, this thread is not about salt, but here it is briefly so that we have covered it.
    Salt consists of about 40% sodium and 60% chloride. The recommended maximum daily amount of salt for the average adult is about 4-5g, which corresponds to about 1500mg sodium and 3000mg chloride. 4-5g of salt is about 1 teaspoon. However, we consume sodium not only through table salt and industrially processed foods, but also through water, fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, etc. So the problem is not that people consume too little sodium, but too much. In this case, too much means on average around 3-4 times the recommended daily amount. The problem with overconsumption of sodium is not so much cortisol regulation (I mean, it is), but blood pressure regulation. The organs need a certain blood pressure to function properly. If the kidneys, for example, are not supplied with the right blood pressure, detoxification is impaired.
    So @Legotron is not entirely wrong when he refers to the salts in instant-ramen. But as I said, 4-5g of salt in a meal is not unusual.
    Furthermore, the amount of salt you need per day depends on your lifestyle. If you live in a region with a hot climate or do enough sport/exercise, your body will have a higher sodium requirement. If you consume a lot of sodium, you should also consume enough potassium. Soy, for example. And drinking enough water doesn't hurt either. So it really depends on the overall picture. Eating ramen from time to time if you get enough exercise and eat a varied diet? No problem. But if you sit on your butt all day (during and after work) and stuff yourself with steak, potato chips and ramen every day and only drink soft drinks and coffee, you'll quickly develop health problems. But everyone knows that anyway, right? Right??

16. Kelsier

Kelsier Kapellmeister

I'm hankering for Tom Yum Goong or a beef pho now

17. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

What do you mean by that? 79-82% in relation to what?

18. DT990PRO

DT990PRO Newbie

[​IMG]
    Fry an egg and add Lao Gan Ma crispy chilli oil + a tiny bit of parsley.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Kelsier

Kelsier Kapellmeister

I get this and the chilli oil in my local supermarket, the oil is amazing

20. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

That chili sauce/oil/paste, whatever you want to call it, is truly divine. All hail the Queen Sad Grandma!

*edit* Oh, everytime I visit the local Asian Market which sells these sauces, and some rarer noodles and lots of other goodies, I always get the Pearl River Bridge (apologies, I don't know the Chinese name) soy sauce, the low sodium variant. It's yummy as well!