Favorite Plugin Developers!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cav Emp, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Just curious - in your opinion, what is his only good synth? I'm guessing it must be Diva or Zebra. In my opinion, I'd have a hard time pointing to any u-he synth that isn't better than most of the synths in its class. I like their pricing too, given the quality and power of their stuff. But oh well, to each his own.

Tbh I really like u-he's stuff. But maybe there's some merit to the complaints. Who knows, doesn't bother me any.

2. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

Cav Emp:I myself have made the mistake of crossing U-he and Tone2 in my brain.... and while they do have some formidable protection schemes, I don't think any claim of nefarious spyware or whatnot has been confirmed, ... not saying it doesn't exist, i don't know crap.... but if someone else knows more on this, please feel free to chime in!

And I think he has more then one good synth for sure... Diva, Hive, Zebra.... all excellent... some cpu killers more then others... But very musical and quality creamy sounding...

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Well I've heard horror stories about Tone2 taking extra permissions and fucking with people's systems because they detected pirated plugins that were NOT Tone2. That's all hearsay though. I've never tried warez versions of their stuff and of course never bought any of it. Just doesn't really appeal to me.

I don't really feel the hit on my new machine. I have two projects that are almost 100% made of bazille and Kick2 (with other effect plugs of course) and never goes above 35% cpu. Definitely helps me to better enjoy the magic of obsessively modeled virtual analog.

Not to brag or anything. Just that u-he's synths are way more usable now that I don't have to pinch pennies with my processing power.

edit: shit I didn't finish my post....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  4. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Yes, Tone2 is the dev team air said "fuck you" to. They called him a malware developer.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Way too many to mention, but some of mine are Adam Szabo (his JP6K is immense!), Arts Acoustic's reverb, AOM Factory's invisible limiter, Arturia's minimmog, Cableguys' volume and wave shapers, Cakewalk's Z3ta+2, Cytomic's The Glue, D16 Group for all their fab classic emulations of SH101 to Roland machines, Eventide's stuff, FXpansion's Geist, Strobe and Tremor, G-Force's ImpOSCar2 and Minimonsta, HOFA's IQ-Reverb, Ichiro Toda for his Synth1 (which is a Nord emulation), IK Multimedia for T-Racks, ISM for Bazzism2, Kuassa's amplifiers, LePou's LeCab IR loader, Lindell Audio's hardware emulation, Native Instruments for a ton of stuff, NUSofting's daHornet, NYRV Systems for Agent, Ohm Force for Ohmicide, Parallax Audio for VSS2, Positive Grid for their BIAS series, Reveal Sound for Spire, Sound Toys' stuff, Spectrasonics for Omnisphere and Trillian, KV331 for SynthMaster2, u-He for awesome synths and tools, Valhalla DSP for their verbs, Voxengo's stuff, Waves, Xfer Records for Serum and Cthulhu and Zynaptic for Unfilter.

Enough of a list? :rofl:

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

You really ought to check out Kick 2 or D16 Punchbox, friend.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Already have. Horses for courses.

8. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Well,when I write I like Uhe or Ni for example,that's because I like the sound of their plugins.
    I'm not a geek or a computer engineer,I can's say if this one or that one put hidden malwares in their plugins,I'm just a musician,a music lover.

I love the sound of Uhe or Ni or Spectrasonics,and for me these developpers are sort of genius,through their work I spend long hours to make music with pleasure.That's the main thing for me.

9. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Never had issue with uhe plugs, and I've been legit for a while. Before I went legit I had bombs with not fully cracked releases, classic things like after a while it went back to its unregistered state. Uhe plugs never opened my browser like tone2 or Serum do and they never try to go online (well so far, who knows wtf will happen in the future).
    To me Zebra and Bazille are amongs the best synths, no doubt. I love synthmaster 2.8 too, probably the synth I use the most, it's the one that allows me to do almost anything.
    I'm also a big fan of dmg audio for mixing tools and I'm starting to dig airwindows, really cool dev and special plugs.

10. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Fab Filter
    Waves
    Native instruments
    Slatedigital

11. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

As far as VI plugins:

AcousticSamples

GSI Soundware