Favorite MIDI Effect plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by curtified, Jul 28, 2020.

1. curtified

curtified Rock Star

please link us to your work

2. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

HY-SeqCollection2 - Multi-Midi Effect Sequencer

Works great with hardware

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I disagree, it does make sense. All art is subjective. Whatever medium you use to get your idea across works for every great artist.

Hip Hop has been using sampling for decades. They took someone else's art, used the technology of the time, and added their sauce to it. In my opinion that is "original"

4. minozheros

minozheros Kapellmeister

You can do what I want, if you want

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Guys, I've cleaned nough 's mess, but please don't feed the troll.
    He comes with off topic comments and receive more answers than the thread 's first statement.

Same as for Collin, and any member that comes discussing the usefulness of these tools.

Is the thread about should we or not use midi effect plugins? NO

You want to discuss this? Open your own thread.

But if you all answer these off topic comments then don't complain later about them.

6. curtified

curtified Rock Star

@Olymoon - You're a legend! Thanks for cleaning my room :wink:

7. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Has anyone tried MIDI Wizard? Aside from bombing the internet with ads, it seems kind of promising. It currently has a 400+ price tag lol! Maybe sister site will bless us with a "trial"

[​IMG]

https://midiwizard.unison.audio/launch

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  8. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Those sounds have more cheese than my local farmer's market, wow

I'm not sure if I am midly amused, or deeply intrigued at what it can offer. I'll sit on the fence for now and watch for some reviews

I'm sure PACE has been removed from a few releases, I'm not sure if their claim is 100% correct. All depends on which angle you view it from

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020
  9. curtified

curtified Rock Star

They are def using the streetwear scarcity tactic to create hype. Let see what the plug can do.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  10. curtified

curtified Rock Star

@Xupito - Thanks for the heads up. Gotta stick to my mantra "don't feed the trolls"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Reaktor

12. Colin

Colin Producer

I'm not a troll. But I have helped more than a few aspiring songwriters tap into THEIR OWN creativity over the years and experience the great feelings of joy that come with that. Millions of people clearly are using these things, so anything I have to say is like farting against thunder. At the end of the day, genuinely talented creative artists out there cannot get heard for sheer weight of numbers, nor make a living. Also ..... by lowering the bar to idiot level, it's making it so much easier for AI to come along and chunk out bland meaningless crap and completely take over .... we will all be out of a job! Why would you need any human input at all?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  13. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

It doesn't matter how u do it if it sounds good then it is good

14. Colin

Colin Producer

Yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't have a place at all. Like, say for instance mixing is your thing, but you can't really play anything. Then, yeah ... use apps to generate some sounds ... and do your mixing thing. The complete truth though is that that isn't what's the problem. The problem is that every newbie , and some not so newbies, are flooding the world with their latest opus, having done nothing more creative than push a few buttons. It's audio hyperinflation. It devalues evrything and everyone, whether their work has merit or not. And like I say, you'd be hard pushed to get AI to do something soulful or with merit .... but by lowering the bar, and teach it a few rules, it can quite happily piece together some quantised beeps and blobs. Stick in a kick drum and get some AI singer to warble propaganda or psychobable over the top. Job done! The Dunning-Kruger effect and lack of foresight come to mind.

15. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Cubase transformer MIDI fx, there are also other nice ones included

16. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Please, read the title of the thread:
    Favorite MIDI Effect plugins?

Do you see any question about "does it makes you stupid" or something similar? NO

So if this is what you want to discuss, please feel free to create your own thread.

17. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

@Olymoon
    Some people don´t get it..
    Forrest Gump replied “Stupid is as stupid does

18. Colin

Colin Producer

with respect, go back and re-read the OP word for word .... and point out where I've gone off-topic.
    I've simply addressed what was said there re: using plugins makes you a faster and better musician because you don't know all fancy scales and chords. with respect, if you dont know them in the first place, then you certainly arent going to be hearing them in your head! There's no point making a separate thread about it. I've said what I've said and there's no need to bang on about it. Trolling is deliberately trying to provoke a reaction for the sake of it. That is not what I've done. #peace

19. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

First of all, if you have a problem with moderation you should treat it by pm you don't add more off topic comments.

And again, op is not asking anyone's opinion about the usefulness of these plugins/effects. He is asking which are the best.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

@Colin, seriously, even if you actually disagree... take a hint, have a leap of faith, whatever.
    This is not one of the times when the rest of the world is wrong and you're right.