Favorite MIDI Effect plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by curtified, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Guys, FYI: @Nought is a well known provoker-style troll.
    Ignore him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

probably among the best ever, for the midi test CHORDPOTION 2 , SCALER 2 is an old 32bit monster but I still always use CATANYA! , with hundreds of riffs included very nice .. and finally AUDIO MODERN RIFFER, VENOMODE PHRASEBOX, is very good :winker:

3. Colin

Colin Producer

Sorry to disappoint. There is only one way to become a better MUSICIAN. Aside from all the theory, it involves 1000's of hours spent perfecting the wiring in your brain, building up muscle memory and coordination to the point that you are at one with whatever instruments you play, and they become like another limb. Look how many hours you spent learning to walk and balance or learn a language and communicate your ideas. Now it's instictive and you don't really think about it right? Also, it helps to play with other REAL musicians and learn that way. If that's what you really want to be, then you will invest your time in it. Good luck and kudos if you decide to raise your game and go down that route! :)

4. Colin

Colin Producer

As for midi, having used it extensively, there is a lot more to music than notes. Quantising? Don't get me started. Quietness and loudness, dynamics? Don't get me started. Pushing a button may give some instant gratification in the short term, but ultimately you are only cheating yourself.

5. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

surely touch their hands and ability ', will never be as virtual robots, but there' who starts just so ', or those who wish to speed up their work, with all these software! I see that music professionals now use a lot of these virtual robots, not 'cause they do not know to dial, but because' everyone wants to speed up a composition! course everything must be studied! but the speed 'today all looking for a little! and that they are welcome outside these large software monsters!:winker:

6. Colin

Colin Producer

nunziaforum, anything that speeds up the workflow is great. But if you can actually play what is in your head, surely that is quicker? It saves having to audition a load of presets or something, and then have to spend time fixing them so that they fit. I've said this before, but even among technically adept musicians, there arent many who are creative and original. The problem with posting on some of these threads is that the audience covers all sorts of abilities, stages of development, goals and motivation for being interested in music in the first place. It's a bit like the give a man a fish, and tomorrow he will be hungry. On the other hand, teach a man how to catchg his own fish and he will never go hungry. So many people outh there looking for instant gratification, to the point they are stringing together other peoples samples, or using 3rd party tools to give them ideas. Yet, they are calling themselves original? It makes no sense! :)

7. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

@Colin certainly I repeat that I agree, but unfortunately the music people and technology and 'changed, the great mental and instrumental super music today consists much less, you point to trade for the trap genres, techno, house , rock, hip hop melodies are very few now, that's' cause we all now link on this plugin! 'cause the music that goes' today and' just this!

8. Colin

Colin Producer

Irving Berlin, one of the most acclaimed songwriters of all time, could only play 1-finger piano. The point being, he still played piano and was able to convey his musical ideas!

9. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

@Colin
    It is right but unfortunately ..
    we were in the era of 1900 when to compose music, there were only hands and profound studies ... but today we are in 2020 ..:woot:

10. recycle

recycle Guest

I'm the operator with my pocket calculator

I am adding
    And subtracting
    I'm controlling
    And composing

By pressing down a special key it plays a little melody

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

In no particular order...

[*] Playing Instruments
    [*] Writing/Composing your own Music
    [*] Exploring Music Theory
    [*] Working with Music Technology

[*] Playing Instruments
    One of the most thrilling and satisfying experiences you can have, emotionally and physically.
    If you avoid this core aspect of music, your really are missing out on something special.

[*] Writing/Composing your own Music
    One of the most creative things you can ever do. Can even be a deeply spiritual experience.

[*] Exploring Music Theory
    A magnificent intellectual exploration. Very satisfying.
    The further you go with this the more it will intrigue you and frustrate you in equal measure.

[*] Working with Music Technology
    Creative, productive, FUN. Why would anyone not love toys and tools?

All four of these areas are simply wonderful. The connections between them are endless.
    They feed each other beautifully, if you put in the effort and let them.

Genuinely creative people embrace all four with equal passion!

If you personally have drawn a fence around just one or two of these areas, (built your own comfort zone)
    and then find yourself defensively throwing negative criticisms at the other areas,
    then you are just shooting yourself in the foot!
    Why do that?
    You owe it to yourself to answer honestly.
    The loss is entirely yours; try harder, do better, you only live once.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Colin

Colin Producer

think I'm feeling some love here. Wasnt trying to be controversial or be the new Nought hahahahaha ..... but even Nought has a point sometimes, and you'd be a fool to dismiss it as just trolling! to cut a long story short ... from me to you ... don't sell yourself short, .... if being a musician means a lot to you .... be a musician .... go at it with everything you have and take no prisoners ...... if you arent the most technically gifted player ... you might be a great producer or engineer or mixer or whatever .... but give it your all. don't spend the next 10 years of your life/marriage/whatever trying to convince yourself that you are the next big thing (unless you are)(like me hahahahaha) .... and for my own sake, I would rather not be jumping on some of these threads, but I can't help myself. Peace out, love life, and amaze me by making some great music

13. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I have NO FEAR.
    I can not deplete what is empty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I think I'm already good in that department - https://soundcloud.com/flosstradamus

I started this thread so I could share some tools I use and maybe find out some others that I might have overlooked.

15. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I agree. If making music was a one-lane road. We wouldn't have so many instruments, daws, tools out there. Maybe you spent time programming plugins as a way to make music. To each is own. What might work for one person might not be the path for another.

16. Nought

Nought Guest

Thank you for sharing your works. That's exactly what I'm trying to get the members away from and push towards making music. Because the structures of these tools are such that subconsciously lead the users to build things like yours.:wink:

17. curtified

curtified Rock Star

HUH?

Orig post:
    I'm confused now?

18. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Will do. lets get back to the tools

19. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I have this! Its pretty dope. It comes with a high passed low latency USB microphone but you can use any other mic with it.

I want to throw in Imitone as another option.
    https://imitone.com/beta/

You can also hack your way into using Melda's free MTuner to do similar. - https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTuner

I don't know if you guys work like me but while I'm working I hum, and sing melodies along with my song. These tools are good to sketch out an idea and you can refine after.

20. Nought

Nought Guest

Why are you confused? It was simple. My insistence on not using these tools is because people's works would likely to look like yours and this is not very welcome.:no: