Favorite Fingered Bass Sound. How You Create?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Nima, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

I have some Bass Synth sounds that sound really good in the mix but what You mentioend too (Articulations and Keyswitching) is the problem in some songs. I use mutes, slides, Gliss and playing on individual string to give the track same feel as a Real Player.

Sometimes I work on a Complex Jazzy R&B or Funk bass Track more than a whole EDM Song Arrangement. *yes* :bow:

I've plugged today Waves RBASS plugin to NI Scarbee MM and Ilya Modern bass.
    The result was Just amazing. Not only a better and clearer hearing of Bass in the mix, but also the color I could not create with other Plugins.

From Manual:

Mixing or mastering

Let’s suppose the bass guitar of a mix is a little low.

Instead of adding EQ, which would boost the bass and surrounding harmonics, and boost other instruments
    in the same range as the harmonics, use Renaissance Bass. By taking all the frequencies below, say
    100Hz, and creating new harmonics that are laid on top of any other sounds, the bass guitar will be heard
    more clearly, without becoming muddy from boosting other instruments at the same time.

2. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Very low eq is dangerous for the bass, first always lowpass (some scholls say that lowpass and hipass is necessary in every channel or bus).
    Seams that the only eq that really eliminates all the flow frequencies are the sony sonnox.
    You process is good especially with samples libs that have a strange low end, as I said my z1 do not need this like samples need.
    Each bass has a mud and a optimal spot, with hi db and low q move until you find them. :wink:

3. Millenium

Millenium Producer

I spent a lot of time searching for the sound I wanted for Jazz/Funk and modern production …

Everyone has their preferences and references ,but for my own part,

I use Scarbee’s products through this :

1°) "SWR Marcus Miller pre-amp "

2°) "SWR750 power-amp"

3°) "Golight Jr 2x10" bass cabinet.

The end result is simply incredibly realistic !

4. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

Forgot about amp and preamp IR and tempo post reminded me! :wow:
    In the past years there was a nice collection available of these recorded by Nick Beamso aka Beamsonic. If by chance you find them somewhere, you can get your hands on some nice Ampeg IR for free. :wink:
    This is also one of my secret tricks in treating the bass sound. :bleh: