Fast bounce in Studio One has crackles

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by SomebodyIsHere, Feb 7, 2020.

1. SomebodyIsHere

SomebodyIsHere Ultrasonic

When I do fast bounce in Studio one 4 from midi file I hear crackles(Not just in S1 environment) even played with Media Player( I mean it is not because of Buffer Size that I hear crackle ). In addition, I have unchecked the dither audio file while exporting in Studio one.
    I bounce or commit the same midi file in Pro Tools, it is pristine and shiny asf.
    What's going on? Why so much crackle in audio file?

3. SomebodyIsHere

4. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Have you checked your Sample Rate in S4 vs. Sample Rate in your audio interface GUI/mixer/settings? They should be the same.

5. SomebodyIsHere

Yes. But even when I don't use Audio Interface and only use ASIO4ALL it still happens. Bounce has artifacts in it and I guess it should not be related to audio interface at all since it is not playback issue!

6. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

what is you OS? is it tweaked for audio use ? (audio priority, antivirus,firewall, bloatware,services,running apps etc)

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Maybe a plugin doesn't wanna play nice with your sound settings. Who knows.

Try removing most of the plugin INSTRUMENTS and effects, and bounce down again. Keep removing VSTs and bouncing down until you find the culprit.

8. SomebodyIsHere

Windows 10. It is optimized for audio work. I don't have issues in other DAWs regarding audio quality of bounce. This happens in Studio one. I have tested the same bounce on Reaper. It is much better regarding quality!
    The bounce has artifacts even when there is no plugin in the chain. Only for instance Serum. The quality of the bounce is totally worse compared to the same thing bounced in Pro Tools or Reaper!

9. doctorG

doctorG Kapellmeister

Reset the Audio engine then try again

10. SomebodyIsHere

How should I reset Audio Engine in S1?

11. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

what's the buffer size set for asio4all ? very strange behavior the cracking. never had that. do you have an audio interface? try reinstall studio one perhaps ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020