Fantom-XR: how to avoid display issues?

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Xeraser, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I've heard that XRs in particular are prone to having display issues - like every other Roland LCD ever after the JV-1080 apparently. The one I just bought seems to work fine although I forgot to tell the dude to leave it on for a few minutes to see if glitches out and it's already on its way here.

Been reading up and it seems to be caused by the heat wearing down the display connector. Wow, never heard of that one before. What can I do to prevent that? I've heard you can use a daughter board to extend the ribbon cable and tuck the actual display cable somewhere else but the connector is extremely fragile and it might just break while trying to pull it out.

So what else can I do to prevent display issues before they even start showing up? Just point a fan at the thing while using it? Keep it in a cooler corner or stack it on a stand near a window?