Fancy Morphing Crossfaders

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by Satai, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Satai

Satai Rock Star

What are currently some of the best VST FX (possibly with sidechain input) that would take two stereo signals and then be controllable through automation to create various smoothly morphed crossfadings and mutations going from one signal to the other?

I'm especially looking to explore ones that aren't simply based on fading volume alone, but can do some kind of more interesting mangling/morphing to the sounds under the hood.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm aware of the Zynaptiq Morph one, but that's many years old and I wondered if there's anything even better around, the more character the better.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

How about Melda MMorph and MMorphB? I'm not sure they will be exactly what you describe, but may get some other ideas cooking. They are in the v16 bundle. I'm not sure about earlier. It is using a sidechain input in this video...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  4. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

W.A. Production/United Plugins JMG Sound - Transmutator supposedly does what you're asking for. TBH didn't try it myself since lately im super picky about what I install.. but if you decide to try it, I'd be happy to hear ur opinion

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

If you look for a copy of this, it's listed as being from JMG Sound. I'm not sure if that is better than W.A. but it's probably no worse.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Yp, you're right. I'm confused.. so WA and United Plugins are probably something like PA ..or should I say NI lol?

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have heard a couple people actually use W.A. as an example of stuff they won't even try anymore. But maybe you could say those devs are all in some 3rd or 4th tier. $20-$30 per plugin kind of pricing. The PA pricing is like they are shooting dice. $20 today for one plugin, and $300 tomorrow for the same thing.

8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I've not used it but want to, the Zynaptiq Morph. I've got an Arturia Polybrute which does a magnificent job at it and one of the reasons I bought it. I highly reccomend it for sound design.

9. TeknoGenius

TeknoGenius Member

How about doing exactly as you just said, brilliant idea! fuck a plugin

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

There is Soundmorph Wave Warper 2 and Timeflux. Getting away from the 2 stereo channel thing a little though.

one more, supposed to be a vowel filter but i'm not sure why it wouldn't be interesting on other sounds. I like the concepts of most of this developers plugins, but not always how they work : https://fkfxaudio.com/sylab/

11. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Thanks again for the very nice suggestions.

Reading them all gave me an idea to expand the search to also include VST-host plugins which are capable of smoothly morphing/mutating all the parameters exposed by the loaded VST, something like what the oldschool Xlutop Chainer used to do. Is there anything like that or even better around now? Xlutop Chainer itself is sadly dead and 32 bit only.

12. coralmay

coralmay Member

You can just vocode 2 sounds together, one using as carrier and other as the modulator.
    or use a convolver, Khs Convolver has a nice few stock IRs that allow you to mix in stuff, it lets you load any sound you want though.
    Zynaptiq morph 2 might be what you want but these are the ways you can just morph sounds. someone mentioned timeflux but it doesnt seem too pleasant to use.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

i gave the Melda MMorph a good testing and it's pretty sweet. it looks like they added it to the bundle about a year ago. I always check out that bundle when it shows up shared as a new major version update. Then I am again surprised they charge like $1200 for it and delete it again.

I was thinking Minimal would have something like this, but all i found was their Morph EQ. I tried it quite a while ago and that got deleted almost immediately too. I think Beatsurfing Random may be another contender, and i'm going to try it later today.

I never used Xlutop Chainer because there was never a mac release shared that I saw. But it sounds like BlueCat Patchwork in a way. Also, Bluecat has MB-7 which you can Multiband split a signal, each band then is controlled by a mixer style channel strip, and you can load effects chained per band's channel strip. I use that pretty frequently.

You also can try KSHMR Chains, which I think is supposed to be like Xlutop Chainer; but it is 64bit. I tried using a few times but deleted it for whatever reason, I did not immediately like it. so it was -->

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List