Fake accounts conspiracy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mk_96, Mar 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

*snorts coke*

Okay okay okay, so i've noticed a few suspicious accounts recently and more keep apearing. There are a few patterns here and there that are big red flags (which i'm not gonna discuss because i'd rather have them repeating those so it's easier to tell them appart) and others that are a bit more blurry and pass merely as strange. Stay with me, STAY WITH ME!!!

canvas.png

Alright, so picture if you will a scenario where this is not just a conspiracy theory but an actual danger, and some of these accounts are actually malicious. What would be the point? I can imagine with time a good reputation could help scammers get away with things, but is that it?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I think it is advisable to have a moderator approve the first 3-5+ messages of every new user. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Don't they do that already? Anyway, last time a bunch of regulars noticed something strange, the messages themselves weren't really breaking any rules or being particularly "evil" so i don't think a mod could really do something about it without risking banning a legit new account.

So this is more assuming nothing can be done about it, at least not completely. Should we just worry about the usual (suspicious links, buying/selling) or is there something new?

5. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Ima fake account. Pssst... Sinus Well isn't my real name.

6. That's obvious, I don't have a blue jacket either.

7. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

It's nothing new. It's a job and some people work in the area of influencing. It's all pretty standard stuff for when you want to stir the pot and right now a lot of people want to stir many different pots.

Doing it in places like this is the cheapest and least traceable way and you don't need to do anything other than fan flames of discontent that are already there. There is a back for every straw to break and it is human nature. The rest is just probability math and grievance pondering.

Those same parked accounts also have value as back-link generators, crawler-tag-amplifiers, and general fishing is still bussiness.

It's not a secret that everyone does it to everyone else and your best asset in an influence campaign whether it is marketing or psy-ops is the believer. I mean there are books, papers and mathematical formula on the subject and it is outside the scope business here.

Best thing you can do if you see something fishy - report it, get on with life. If you care to gloss over at how many of those take deep droughts of the Kool-Aide will pop-up out of nowhere just to wave the flag. If you get one or two, who is going to now activate and feel but hurt when his sentiment gets censored you earned your troll pay for the day. Over 300-400 different places you visit if you get one or two and have a single digit percentage conversion rate, you've either created or reinforced the populist movement you had targeted. Multiply that by thousands of professional trolls (people getting paid to do this) and their thousands of bots and it works.

It's a job and everybody does it to everybody else.

• Interesting Interesting x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Yeah, i guess that explains things.

Liars, am i the only one who's actually a myopic dog with a stellar stash? :rofl:

9. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

I'll admit, I really am Hank Hill.
    I live in Arlen, Texas.
    I sell propane & propane accessories.
    I'm not really 2D.

[​IMG]

10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you for your concern.
    Obviously, I will not comment security measures we use here.
    Nor am I going to explain spammer's strategy.
    If you have questions and/or suggestions about this, please, send me a PM, so we could discuss this in private.
    Thank you.

11. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

No thigh avatar sellf

Sock Rat Tease

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  12. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

All I’m saying is:
    @mk_96 MK ULTRA
    Coincidence?
    I DON’T THINK SO!
    In the meantime, I’m still wearing my specially designed custom headgear to protect me from all those 5G AI Reptilian Alien waves.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. refix

refix Platinum Record

just another example of the secretive cabal of the moderatoral class suppressing knowledge of the interplatform, multidomain agenda to expose innocent forum members to the dangers of multilateral corporate spammerism.

we demand transparency!

*clap* IN *clap* THE *clap* OPEN

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Of course, we are cabalist. Secretism is our Motu. But hey, ssst, don't tell anyone.. :deep_facepalm:

Man, think, if you can. Should we explain in public to spammer and hackers which are our security measures? Really?
    Don't be stupid.
    It's obviously the exact opposite... :deep_facepalm:
    And I said
    Now, if all that is what you think about us i really wonder what you're still doing here. This place is dangerous and run by "secretive cabal of the moderatoral class" with "multidomain agenda to expose innocent forum members to the dangers of multilateral corporate spammerism."

Personally I would never visit a place like this...
    :rofl:

Not too surprising from someone who's been writing homophobic comments, and trolling...
    So, I'm going to help you >>>> kick .... door.
    Good luck.

Don't read from here:
    Personal secret note: Change this thread to humour section???

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

And others too..

I'm not usually one for jumping on the bandwagon, but I feel this is one time I really have to.

<<<<< That's not really me either,,,,, although I AM always surrounded by grass, but that's another story for another time!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I can't imagine why anyone would think I am hiding anything.

17. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Producer

They don't need to the NSA already does.

18. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Interesting name.

I was thinking of turning my name into Smegma Dong and having a picture of a King Kong eating a cheesecake colored cream-pop as the avatar, but I thought it wouldn't fly with the moderators.

Thanks for the green light. Now the wheels are truly turning.

19. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

You're not hiding, you're just in camouflage. Sometime you wanna be nighttime cat too. Now who is a good cat? You is a good cat. Here take this pat & a few strange brown rocks from my catchow box. :wink:

I swear to god, one of my cats will not eat anything other than exclusive strange brown rocks from the supermarket.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

My takeaway of this thread :rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. I really like to laugh, but there is also a serious concern these threads:

I think it's good that everyone can remain anonymous here.... The downside is that some people use this very anonymity for certain dirty tricks.
    I think that it's really hard to balance between restrictions - which annoy decent people - and the fool's freedom...
    Take the anti - diversity thread as an example, where you could see that everything was represented from rejection (the largest group), to understanding, to agreement (the smallest group).
    I noticed that one of the agreeers (per the green check mark) has an account for a long time, but had never posted anything before....
    A few - the names don't matter here - jumped on the crap like a rooster, crowing, "How can this thread not be deleted?" , "Why doesn't a mod take care of it" etc. etc.
    That the thread was created at night (after CET), and the mods were asleep there, they had not even considered... When I made fun of their "blindness", I got a thumbs down. Well - you can't do anything against stupidity.

I thought it was not so bad that the thread existed all night, it showed me who, how to things stands.

PS: I hope deepL does a good job.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.