Factory Libraries and other library combinations

Discussion in 'Software' started by VinylScra, Feb 29, 2016.

1. VinylScra

VinylScra Member

How complete/usable are the factory libraries of different daws in comparison?

in particular i'd like to know if ableton suites factory instruments (they call them packs, eg. the Latin Percussion or Orchestral Brass packs) are able to compete with steinbergs HALion Sonic SE 2 in terms of quality and completeness of its samples/presets?

in other words: if i would want to compose a basic orchestral track, with fat orchestral drums, various strings and brass, celestas and stuff - which daw is more likely to be able to create a complete sound?

i know that i'll need to add external libraries to be able to be more complete/flexible - but i would like to have a solid basic foundation of already included instruments so that i don't have to buy too much external content.

this leads to my additional question: which instrument library combination(s) would you recommend to achieve a solid coverage of orchestral material & common (some drums, guitars, synths) material (e.g. symphobia+halion+native complete)?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016