FabFilter updates all plug-ins [UPDATE]

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Feb 15, 2018.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

FabFilter updates all plug-ins

All plug-ins:

• Fixed possible crashes in Logic Pro X, which occasionally tries to initialize plug-ins with invalid/uninitialized buffers.
    • Fixed possible crash in Nuendo 7 on macOS when closing a plugin.Fixed issues with key stroke stealing on Windows when using the Avid S6 control surface.
    • Fixed incorrect appearance of plug-in interfaces in Live 10 in High DPI mode.
    • The VST 2.4 plug-in will now automatically adapt its channel layout to match the audio/track it is placed on. Note that the separate " (Mono) " version of the plug-ins are still included for backwards compatibility.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when moving the mouse over the right edge of a menu with icons.
    • Small bug fixes and improvements.

Pro-Q 2:

• Fixed an issue with Natural Phase mode, which could sporadically lead to an incorrect filter frequency response when processing audio at very small block sizes.
    • Fixed a bug which caused Permanent Spectrum Grab in Pro-Q 2 to disappear when the input of the VST3 plug-in became silent.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the spectrum analyzer to slow down when moving the mouse over the EQ display, with graphics acceleration disabled.
    • Sample rate information is now included when saving an EQ Match spectrum, so it can be restored correctly when using a different sample rate.
    • In EQ Match, the 'Save Input as Reference' option now checks whether the plug-in is receiving audio on the input.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the colors of EQ bands 9 to 24 not to match with the highlight coloring around the floating band controls.
    • Fixed a small bug when right-clicking the solo button in the EQ parameter value display: this would cause the button to remain in the down state.

Pro-L 2:

• Slightly changed the true peak detection algorithm to produce possible small overreads equal to the ITU-R BS.1770-4 example algorithm, while still minimizing true peak underread. This makes Pro-L 2 easier to use in combination with MFIT (Mastered for iTunes) tools like AURoundTrip.
    • Fixed a small bug that could cause the True Peak level to display in orange in some cases, while it should still show in green.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause the Integrated level to reset to -INF after a bounce in Logic Pro X (and some other DAWs as well). From now on, the Integrated level is now only reset by clicking the 'Reset' button in the Loudness panel in the interface.
    • Fixed a small issue that could cause an incorrect order of 'M', 'S' and 'I' labeling under the three loudness meters.
    • Fixed an issue that caused Pro-L 2 to seem bypassed when used on tracks with only a center channel in Cubase.
    • Fixed a bug that caused Pro-L 2 to crash when adding the plug-in to a 4-channel track in Reaper when using the Compact interface mode.

Other plug-ins:

• Pro-G: Fixed possible crash on Windows when using 150% scaling (High DPI).
    • Pro-MB: Fixed a bug that could cause the output to become silent in some rare occasions, when using 4x oversampling.

The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.

System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 64-bit and 32-bit hosts are supported.

Source
    KVR

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Thanks Thantrax,

I cant remember the last time a FabFilter plugin caused a problem on my computer!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I remember Pro Q2 crashed my DAWs when it was released ( Win 7 x64 ).
    But since their update I never have any problem with their plugins. I love them!

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

I don't remember any crash unsig FF stuff since first installation of Pro-C. Anyway "Small bug fixes and improvements" is enough to install updates.

6. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Pro Q2 crashed especially Studio One 3 since I had more than 20 of them.

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I'm nodding in approval.

8. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

FabFilter Pro-G updated to version 1.20

After releasing updates for all FabFilter plug-ins on February 15, we have discovered a bug in the FabFilter Pro-G expander plug-in that could cause it crash or work incorrectly on mono tracks. This bug has been fixed in version 1.20, which is now available for download for Windows and macOS.

Of course, this update is fully backwards compatible and free for existing Pro-G users. We recommend all FabFilter Pro-G users to update to version 1.20 as soon as possible.

To update your existing FabFilter Pro-G plug-in, just download the new FabFilter Pro-G installer and run it. No need to uninstall first or enter your license key again.

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

10. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

That Fab Filter Saturn tho.. I mean everyone uses that on their leads and mid bass surely :bleh: I think most producers use Fab Filter they're awesome :yes: