FabFilter Pro-MB (REVIEW)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ( . ) ( . ), Nov 16, 2013.

1. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

[​IMG]

well, not really so much of a review, cuz I'm not really that type of guy but...

I've been using FabFilter Pro-MB ever since it has been released and I'd just like to say that it is by far the best Multiband Compressor PLUGIN that I could find...

And this year I've been doing alot of experimentation with different types of compression/multiband compression styles and have tried prolly every multiband compressor plugin that is available...

I think Fabfilters one is the best...

It takes sometime to get used to...but after a couple of tracks I managed to be able to use and hear the effects of the compression properly...

Aside from the ability to plot your bands smoothly like you would use an EQ, it also has a nice threshold indicator that gives you the ability to add the right amount of threshold you need...

At the same time, it has a VERY POWERFUL oversampling feature which not many Multiband Compressor plugins have, or if they do...they aren't as awesome...

Very good control over your knees and ratios as well as the ability to do expansion(which I've rarely used) and a smooth, clean output gain.

Overall it just sounds badass and really makes your track solid like the shit you took after you ate a raw crab or like you've just got fucked up the arse by someone who has crabs...

Very solid Multiband Compressor, especially for a plugin...so I recommend it to everyone who is intelligent enough to do their own mastering... :wink:

3. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Really have to get used to it, atm I'm using the Ableton 3Band-MB, and I struggled with that concept quite some time.

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'd just like to add that if your mix sounds good you should never need a multiband compressor. I consider them as a quick fix for when somebody fucked up. :) But I can agree that it also adds some new creative possibilities to your mixes.

And yeah, Fabfilter stuff is all top of the line. :wink:

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Totally agree *yes* ​

6. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

not really...multiband compression isn't just about fixing your mix problems. In fact the reason why it is used by engineers these days is so you can compress the fuck out of your music...and compression sounds AMAZING!!!

And fabfilter does have good stuff, though the ironic thing is that their filter and limiter smells like SHITE!!!

7. fuad

fuad Producer

I must agree and say that it is really an excellent plugin, as are all other Fabfilter's plugins. Pro-Q goes on every single master I do and that's a testament to its sound and versatility. It does however take time to get used to. Multiband compression in general can be misunderstood alot of times. it's very true as mentioned before that a good mix won't need it. I find it more useful for mixing ironically. Nothing tames a wild vocal or guitar better than a MB compressor. As with everything in music, it's all about experimentation.

8. sayhey1988

sayhey1988 Member

I love the Pro-Q and C but the Pro-L gives me problems. While monitoring in Logic Pro 9 it sound great. The when monitoring after a bounce, there is clipping. No problem with drums, only high end piano or wind ects. Can anyone recommend a good metering plug that works well with Fabfilter plugs?
    Thanks

9. ittam

ittam Noisemaker

On Pro-L put its metering to ISP to show inter-sample peaks and adjust output accordingly

10. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Yeah compress the fuck out of your music sounds great ( to the deaf ) :wow:

I'm one of those people who likes natural dynamics and less compression the better, but it also depends on what you hear and what you think others hear.

Like all things in life - Personal choice.

11. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

well have fun trying to get natural dynamics using digital...