F*king Apple Does It Again

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by superliquidsunshine, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I only eat apples and not use them for...like a million reasons, but this is really cool though not cool enough to draw me out. I pulled this from another forum....
    Ok...
    Logic got an update today.Also, they release a new app, for iPadand iPhone, called Music Memo.Its fan foo goo tactic!!!!Simple, and integrated.I just did this.Installed it on my phone...sat inside the house on thecouch,hit record...Played the chords to tequila sunrise for about a minute.Hit Stop!!!
    Hit a little drums symbol and a bass symbol on the iPadscreen, hit play..it analysed the chords to the tune!!!
    It played it back, with midi drums and bass playing along in the app!!I sent the song, to iCloud.I opend logic on my iMac in the studio...Created a new song.. imported the music memo from the cloud...it created tracks, with the audio I recorded and the Midi Drum, and Midi bass.It also TEMPO MAPPED THE TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!I then for kicks, Flex'd the acoustic track I had played... with SLICING MODE.. and then removed the tempo changes from the song.Set it too 98bpm for the verses and 101 bpm for the choruses...Done.Of course you wouldnt keep the acoustic recorded from the iPhone...But what I just did, was faster than typing this post.Mind is blown...Brilliant.. just f$#()*UFcking Brilliant!!!It also would have been a life saver when I used to sequence backing tracks...check it out...

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/20/10797250/apple-music-memo-app-announced-iphone-ipad-free

• Like x 5
    • Interesting x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

rofl...
    so basically, You just downloaded the app... nice way to make music :rofl:
    Creativity is way overrated nowadays :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

did that too awhile back old school now ! So what did Apple do again??:dunno:

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Having fun during composition is probably the most important thing anyway!
    Happy composing.
    I can really feel what you're saying - notepadding many of my ideas with "Auxy" on iOS.
    So simple yet so creative, it's almost too insane to tell anybody.

Notepadding. Is that a new word? :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. John V

John V Ultrasonic

Wow! I did not know you could open the recorded files into logic.. This is awesome! I used to use the voice memos app, but this new app really seems to be mind blowing... Seems way better than any other paid app..the chord recognition Is insane..

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@superliquidsunshine and how about posting your results? :winker:

I'd like to hear personally, if you are shy for the adoring public... tho :yes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Nice to know about - but I'll wait for the update with the feature that gives me head while I'm recording vocals, because I cannot do without that in my workflow.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  9. gurujon

gurujon Kapellmeister

Depressing stuff....It sorta reminds me the new ladle that tells you when the gravy is ok.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. analog61

analog61 Member

I love the bit in the video where the guy says " .. If garage band is too difficult for you....." Hahaha..
    I could do a whole half hour stand up on .."If Garage Band is too hard for you then.. (comedy goes here).

Ok I get that some infants like to play with phones and perhaps this is geared towards that....
    I did try it and I can make it do strange things, maybe I put out an album of songs produced on this :) but really I have little use for this type of toy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

WOW, a CHORD recognition and TUNING app from APPLE?
    WOOW!!:rofl:

12. davea

davea Platinum Record

perrrrrfect !

13. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

just got the update, the app is for iphone too? awesome, going to download that now.
    most of the integrated apps tend to be ipad only excited to try one on my phone.

thanks for that

14. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

... but be careful and read Apples 500-pages-agreement. May be you transfer all rights to Apple by starting the App !? :bleh::winker:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

16. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Reminds me of couch composing with
    that little brat i had back in the stone age... though transferring midis to cubase on an 68k mac was quite a hassle (no cloud)
    X))
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_QY10

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Spiritos

Spiritos Noisemaker

I fell in love with the app since the first time I opened it.
    However by now (more than a year after it's release) I'd expected some functional updates. I think they fixed the issue where renaming your recording while playing made it stop) but other than that I can't recall any new functionalities added or older ones improved.

Thing that's most annoying to me is the fact both bass & drum are off 9 out of 10 times with my recordings. It's not that I only use alternative tempos but I groove a lot and somehow it appears impossible to implement an algorhythm that would adjust the feel of the bass/drums accordingly.

18. I have no memory of writing the original post, don't remember ever having the app on my phone or tab, and am afraid, very afraid that I have lost any hint at all of my powers of memory as well as my sanity. Thanks @Spiritos for lighting the fire under the cauldron that shall boil, toil and trouble me in these dark and darker schwitzing sweltering days of summer. :woot:
    https://clyp.it/3mct5ugm

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Possibly similar to Gear Acquisition Syndrome drunkenness?

20. Spiritos

Spiritos Noisemaker

My perspective and awareness of time is in constant flux or more philosophically put in a "Panta Rhei like limbo state" so in that sense I didn't even think of looking at the original date of your OP (I do however mostly remember to check the date of the last post before me to prevent I'm not reacting to a topic about Live v1.0 or so ;) But as usual with me I just stumbled on a topic that caught my attention and felt compelled to respond as it actually still is the app I use most for catching quick ideas on piano and guitar since I have no knowledge of another app with similar functionality like making notes and such, plus the auto-saving through iCloud works nicely for me.

Sorry if I triggered an existential crisis though ;) As a therapeutic musical countermeasure I can only offer a little WIP of a more relaxing nature:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  21. almightyshux

almightyshux Ultrasonic

what did you use to put out your other albums?