EzKeys notes to guitar voice

Discussion in 'Software' started by Niruvana, Oct 23, 2019.

1. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Ample AME is great. I love the library. There are a few things they could do to better it, but over all Ample Guitar libraries are great and one of the best libraries on the market.

2. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

The only real downsides to Ample libraries are some things that kontakt based libraries have because their kontakt functions. Like pitch manipulation. AME only goes to Drop C. If it where a kontakt library you could adjust the global pitch by +4/-4 without any distortion or artifacts from it. Meaning you can turn that Drop C guitar into an 8 string IF it were kontakt. However Ample has great use of keyswitches and can even be put in drop or standard tuning. I wrote a whole album with it, after I the last one was mostly 7-8 string songs. Then I had a whole album that was basically based on a drop C AME. Yeah a few times I subbed in another library for lower notes using the sample effects channels trying to match the sound but if you NEED one guitar library ever for rock/hard rock/metal than AmpleMusic Eclipse library is a primary weapon.[​IMG]

3. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Also Heavier 7 string is great also, it has a sharper learning curve and ALOT more you need to set up and tweak but you'd be amazed at what it can do. It's standard is Drop A. Again same problem with stand alone VST's it doesn't get some of the advantages that come with kontakt.[​IMG]

4. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

However why this library has MANY problems. It's also the best sounding and IS a kontakt library. It's bottom is C however because of Kotankt and can be taken to G# and still hold it's full fidelity. [-4/+4 is the standard but -5 happens to work. It's slightly older and I'm not sure if you can buy it anymore or dl it, but it hasn't been updated in awhile and I'm not that happy with the Company who made it and it's scripting is... Not the best but it does kill every other one with it's sound quality.

Prominy V-Metal
    [​IMG]

5. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Omg, tons of options. V-Metal sounds good, but it's not easy to use. Heavier7Strings amazing, but it also looks pretty hard to learn. I'd rather be stick with AME for a while. Thanks!