EZKeys core library

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by AZK_vst, Oct 14, 2023.

1. AZK_vst

AZK_vst Newbie

Hi I’m trying to install EZkeys 2 core library the install file not working so trying to copy myself a content but can’t find were is code library anyone can help??

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Click Settings Menu, Library/Paths option. Top option should be /Library/Application Support/EZKeys
    The 3gb of content goes in this one.

Bottom one is User Presets, and it should be /Users/Your Username/Library/Application Support/Toontrack/EZKeys 2

You can update them to whatever, but this is default install locations.

4. AZK_vst

AZK_vst Newbie

It’s this file am I doing something wrong??

Attached Files:

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's been a little while since I installed it. You did right click that installer, Codesign it and Permissions Reset it to R-W-X for all users? That error message saying it won't open doesn't show you anything.

Let me dig a little but try those first. What MacOS and what version did you download?

People on M1 got it running ok via Rosetta. I used VR v2.0.1, and then the 2.0.2 update. I don't remember any screwing around beyond the original instructions. And then the R2R win/mac core library 1.0.0. There was a VR release too but i can't seem to find it. Maybe there was a problem with it? idk. Works perfect. :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  6. AZK_vst

AZK_vst Newbie

Ohh I’m on monterey 12.6.8 how to codesign

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

i'm not. you need to install xcode first. in terminal do: xcode-select --install

then, in terminal codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/name.app. delete from /to the end and drag the file to your terminal.

You could try Codesigner app, search for that on sister site; but it may not work on Monterey. I forget what version is the cutoff of it working still.

Codesign available parameters

codesign -s identity [-fv*] [-o flags] [-r reqs] [-i ident] path ... # sign
    codesign -v [-v*] [-R=<req string>|-R <req file path>] path|[+]pid ... # verify
    codesign -d [options] path ... # display contents
    codesign -h pid ... # display hosting paths

8. remomakesmusic

remomakesmusic Newbie

Hi mate I've done this but I still can't open it, it says 'no installer configuration file found

9. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

When you install EZkeys2 and the update 2.04 the core library is already there: non need to mess with midi files

10. remomakesmusic

remomakesmusic Newbie

I've worked it out. You have to open the core library file then drag the 3.9 gb 'contents' folder into /library/application support/EZkeys.
    The installer must be corrupted or something.
    You'll then have to open EZkeys and it will tell you it can't find the core library on your computer you then have to click on browse and go to the same path I mentioned, you drag and drop the 'contents folder into /library/application support/EZkeys and then press open.

11. Blendramos

Blendramos Noisemaker

Screenshot

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024

Attached Files:

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

If you are using the r2r one and it will not install. It will show "no valid configuration found".

You should be starting with the file: EZkeys2_Core_Library.iso. Mount that file and open it.

Right click the Installer.app and do Show Contents. Browse to /Contents/MacOS.

Double Click the Installer.app. It will ask to run in terminal. Let it execute. You get an Error that says No Software Found. Hit continue. The installer will run and install successfully.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  13. Blendramos

Blendramos Noisemaker

Hi Clone, the core lbrary download is not from R2R. I have tried what you wrote and I have tried what " remomakesmusic " wrote by copying the content folder into " Library/Application Support/support EZkeys/contents abd the press open, didnt worked for me too.

Attached Files:

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

Once you have all the files extracted for EZKeys2, create a folder anywhere you want. Really. Most EZ Toontrack plugin content can be literally just dumped into a folder. If you check out this screenshot, you will see that the /EZKEYS2 folder is at the root directory of an external drive. But you can put that folder wherever you want. When you open the plugin inside your DAW, it will ask you to select the location of your sample content. The first time I saw it done this way and actually work, I was thinking this cannot be right. But it is.

[​IMG]