EZDrummer how to Update new expansions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Swing 42, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Swing 42

Swing 42 Newbie

I have a non legit version of Superior Drummer 3 (which includes EZDrummer). I have downloaded some non legit expansion packs for EZDrummer and placed them in the proper folders. The Midi transfers fine but SD won't load the sound library files because it says the new library needs to be updated.
    Anybody have any idea how to update the libraries?
    Thanks

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

We'd need more data, mainly both SD and EZD versions and what team vaccinated them.
    Usually you can fix several problems installing the latest SD and EZD VR releases (in chronological order) but I'm not sure about this one.

4. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

Every EZX or EZX2 has an "Aversion" file you have to open it with notepad.

If Superior or EzDrummer says you have to update to use it then just edit the Aversion file:

Let's say you have Superior Drummer 3.0.0 installed and your library can'T run without SD 3.1.2

This is inside the Aversion file:
    minreq EZ 2.1.6
    minreq S 3.1.2

Simply open it with Notepad and change to:

minreq EZ 2.0.0
    minreq S 3.0.0

Save and that's it it will load.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Swing 42

Swing 42 Newbie

Thanks to Xupito and PartyShit for the replies!
    I have version 3.1.7 of SD and whatever version of EZD that installs, I believe 2.1.8
    I think I have a better clue to the problem. I had to change the file names of the Latin Cuban Drums and Latin Cuban Percussion to
    EZX2_LatinCubanDrums and EZX2_LatinCubanPercussion and then I was able to load both libraries in SD.
    I still have two files for the expansion packs Pop! and Jazz and tried various names for the files but I still am unable to load those libraries.
    If anybody has either of those expansion packs and can tell me what file names you have in ProgramData/Toontrack/EZDrummer , I'd appreciate it thanks!

6. lejules

lejules Noisemaker

I just experienced installation trouble with a EZX2 expansion applying to EZDrummer 3. Same thing: "You need to update your Toontrack drum sampler to the latest version before you can install this product."

Managed to get it working by editing the InstallConfig file in Notepad and replacing following lines:
    MinVersionWinRegLoc "SOFTWARE\Toontrack\EZdrummer3"
    MinVersionMacRegLoc com.toontrack.ezdrummer3
    MinVersion 3.0.0

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

That is a really good tip from PartyShit for windows. On Mac, if you stick all this stuff (including the original core content) on an external drive in one folder; none of this ^ happens.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  8. Blake McCreery

Blake McCreery Newbie

With that Folder named what on the external drive? I am about to try to install ezd3 and sd3 but i havent opened anything yet and am trying to map out the sequence plan to not screw it up. Thanks.

9. TopShelf_JamRock

TopShelf_JamRock Newbie

I had to try this a few times but it finally worked! Thanks! & literally the same expansion pack of latin cuban drums and latin cuban percussion. The only difference for me is that Latin Cuban Drums worked without any issues for me.