EZDrummer 2: Problem Authorizing After PC Rebuild

Discussion in 'Software' started by bostonrake, Feb 28, 2016.

1. bostonrake

bostonrake Noisemaker

So I had to rebuild my system due to some issue I was tired of trying to figure out. And now I have discovered I can't get EZDrummer 2 authorized. I just did it not that long ago for a computer I built for my brother. Anyway, my issue is the vst is authorized... I can open it fine in vsthost without any issue. However, when I go to open the standalone, it wants authorization and I can't seem to figure out how to authorize it.

I intstalled version 2.0, then updated that to 2.1.1. After that, I authorized it by opening the vst in vsthost and following the instructions. I then loaded the RockSolid EZX, opened the vst back up in vsthost and authorized RockSolid EZX without any issues. When I open the standalone, it wants authorization, I try copying the machine id, generate serial and create the file. I point to the file and it won't register.

I forgot to mention my old pc was Win7 and the new one is Win10. I think that has something to do with it. Although the one I built for my bro worked and I don't recall having to do anything crazy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    BR?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016