EzBass crashes too often

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wolfang, Aug 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I can't help wondering how often is "too often" for something crashing.

2. HorusAnd

HorusAnd Member

That's like me saying to a mechanic "I just got the spark plugs in my Honda replaced but it only turns over once every 4 attempts" and him replying "have you tried replacing the Honda engine with a Toyota engine?"

Sure that may work but I'm already invested in the Honda....

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Even if it may look like this at first sight, that's called narrowing down the problem. :yes:
    Downloading the free ~ 20MB Reaper trial version is way easier and faster than uninstalling the bass, cleaning the system and reinstaling it, or changing the OS (version, or completely). Therefore, @quadcore64's question made sense.

4. HorusAnd

HorusAnd Member

I got that he was trying to narrow down the problem but he could have said, "have you checked to see if it works with any other DAWs?" but instead he picks 2 specific DAWs? What if I already have Ableton installed? Now, I'm installing something to test a problem that I already had the ability to test. The point I'm trying to make is he kind of said f*** linear troubleshooting. And your recommendations, "reinstalling it (fresh install of OS), or changing the OS (version, or completely).", are extreme when I have no other problems with any plugins (Toontrack included) and there's more than one person with the same problem. What are the odds we both made system level mistakes immediately after installing EZBass that only cause EZBass to crash?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I build workstations for a living. For the most part, large jumps like that without checking other smaller factors first almost always makes the problem worst.. especially if you're unaware of someones affinity for tech.

All that said, I'm 99% sure this will be sorted with an update. I just wanted to let OP know he wasn't alone and not to dismantle his setup because it isn't specific to him/her.

5. No Avenger

He asked about Reaper because EZbass was running fine with it on his system. He maybe could've expressed it differently, but you often get this kind of question/advice/hint here and we know how to read it. So, I don't really see any problems with his post.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Firstly...Why respond if you are going off topic. Do you have a possible solution to the original post?
    Second...Spark plugs of different types (plugins) work in different engines (DAWs).
    Third..A Porsche engine can be dropped into a VW. Done mainly in the case of VW Bus. (VM, Hackintosh, etc...)

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Common sense would dictate to try what you have on hand first!

8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

This is a screenshot from the EZbass project created 6 days ago

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 1.42.36 PM.png

As you can see. Loaded, played, edited & saved again. Has to be something with your install or setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. HorusAnd

HorusAnd Member

deleted

10. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Anyhow, I found the VR version is worse. That's good enough.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. No Avenger

So, on principle it works with different Windows and Reaper versions, sadly not in your case.
    Is your R2R version from sister site?
    Did you try to uninstall, clean the system (with voidtools Everything and Regscanner) and reinstall it?

12. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Nope, it will take ages. Plus, there is no guarantee that the issue will be gone as I went through several times before. Most plugins work fine except several ones, and EzBass is one of them. I rather will be waiting for R2R to release the update.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020