EZBass 1.0.7 update,V.R update good enough that R2R is not releasing any update?

Discussion in 'Software News' started by _wildpineapple_, Nov 22, 2020.

1. _wildpineapple_

_wildpineapple_ Ultrasonic

I have the R2R release of the Toontrack EZBass installed , so naturally , i am waiting for their update releases. but R2R only released the 1.05 update. which is not compatible with the new EBX ( EZBass Expansion ) Classic Rock and Metal . In order to run these expansions you need to have the 1.0.7 update of EZBass. which is out there on the sister site. but it's by Team V.R .i am not saying that their releases are bad but it is known ny everyone that their releases have a lot of revisions and fixes . so most of the time, i tend to lean towards the R2R releases . it's just a personal preference.
    And it's not new , that R2R usually comes up with a release where they criticize the other teams with their ' proper ' release . it usually happens after a couple days of the release of the other teams .
    But this time, even tho the Expansions are out there, R2R is not releasing the update. Now my question is , Is the V.R release of the update that good that R2R isn't bothering with releasing the update and also if i have the R2R release installed, will the V.R update work with it?

3. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

I was at your point a couple of days ago. Totally get your point on chosing whether to leave R2R territory for updated possibilities. The 107 VR update works on the R2R and solves your problem. I didn't install it yet to verify. But I would appreciate your experience. Just noticed the date of your post, but still hitting that reply button. adios

4. _wildpineapple_

you are saying that VR 107 works with R2R , but you didn't try it yourself yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. _wildpineapple_

i didn't try it because i am afraid it will fuck up my installation

6. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Worked great for me. I had the R2R 1.0.5 version before I updated to 1.0.7

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Producer

Exactly the same for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

Correct. I already decided to install 1.07 VR over R2R. This was based on sissysite comments, people that claim to have tested. So during my next "update" cycle I will be able to verify myself and reply here. But thanks to @Daskeladden, we have another positive feedback.

thanks man!

9. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

It will not fuck up the installation the Ez drummer however did fuck up my R2R Ez drummer

10. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

My condolences. Don't know how I managed to skip that mistake.

Toontrack I heard, V.R is not causing any problems if going with theirs - advantage of not having to worry about expansion unlocks. Is that right? VR on Toontrack is a safe one?

11. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

I would never trust VR! Τhey are a bunch of ukranian armatures who have very basic cracking knowledge even employing politics in their realizes. Who knows what their realizes do to your computer.

12. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Ukrainian armatures?
    How about Russian armatures?

13. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

^^ THIS. My Team Fortress hacks no longer work.

14. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

What-is-an-Armature.png

15. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

Ok. For me this is not about trust in general. Any release has to earn my trust individually. But the communities help to minimize risk.
    I guess most of us are not to verify these skills but only to repeat what other (if even) crackers told us about them. To me, they work quick and on mass level. This naturally leads to a lack of precision. I understand the recipients preferences differ.
    Well, the same goes for all releases. I am with you in supporting R2R for their precision though.

Well, isn't that the same?

16. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Sorry for a typo "amateurs" of course. Old R2R versions are definitely better than dilettante attempts to crack anything.

17. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

Don't worry about your typo. You're going in on V.R all again, right? People have been using V.R with toontrack for example very successfully, praising these releases even over R2R, because of expansions handling. With EZB I'll follow that route to test it. Fuse Audio, for instance, there is no release except for V.R. Makes me wonder if that release does not need any further polishing. Just noticed that I'd love a thread about V.R releases that work as expected.

I see why you would not want to install anything V.R. But even there it is beneficial for the K'd market to have another input.

18. _wildpineapple_

you have a very basic knowledge

19. Illadelph

Illadelph Producer

@Synclavier i dont trust the stability of VR releases that much, but you are just paranoid :rofl:

Somethings he cracks, R2R never cracks so he is :like: for that,
    Somethings he cracks actually work 100% properly, so he is :like: for that too

What is the best to do guys, a fresh VR EZBASS install or an R2R EZBASS install and copy over new dlls?

20. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I am not worried about EZBass and have no projects with it yet, so I just installed the V.R update over my EZbass.v1.0.5.Update-R2R-2020.09.15.
    It included stuff for the library, too.
    So far it seems to work fine, (no errors and loads and plays ok) but of course time will tell.
    Anyone who is worried might just wait a little while and see if R2R releases something.

21. Illadelph

Illadelph Producer

Ok great thanks, its nice when the exe setup locations are the same between R2R and VR