EZ Drummer 2 won't load EZX expansions, EZX2 work fine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr. Chud, May 9, 2016.

1. Dr. Chud

Dr. Chud Newbie

I'm using EZ Drummer 2 v2.1.1 (x64) and when I try to load up EZX expansion kits it doesn't actually list any kits. For example I have the Metalheads EZX installed. When I try to choose a kit from that expansion it just gives me the options of "Raw Tweaks" and "EZD1 Mixer Presets." If I choose any options from there it just says "Metalheads is damaged, please re-install." My EZX2 expansions work just fine. Does anyone know what's wrong with my EZX expansions?

3. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

some of the libraries need to be updated to work in EZD2 to ver 1.5 i believe.

4. Dr. Chud

Dr. Chud Newbie

Thanks but EZdrummer 2 Vintage is 1.0.0 and it works but it's EZX2.
    Funkmaster Clyde and Jabo are at 1.5.0 as are Rock Solid and Rock! but they don't work. I think they're up to date.

5. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

are all your libraries in the same folder?

6. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

all my libraries live in one folders I updated from 1 > 2 > 2.1.1 everything stayed the same , I have SD 2 as well and only one library dosent work alone because i haven't updated it yet. make sure its all in one folder.

7. Dr. Chud

Dr. Chud Newbie

Sorry for the late reply. My internet was down. My parent folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer. They're seperated into their respective folders in there. For example EZX_Funkmaster_Clyde and EZX_RockSolid are in the EZDrummer folder. So you went from version 1 to 2 to 2.1.1? I went from 2 to 2.1.1. I'm wondering if that isn't the problem.

8. Hoggsfeller1

Hoggsfeller1 Ultrasonic

9. Hoggsfeller1

Hoggsfeller1 Ultrasonic

I had exactlly the same problem Dr. Chud. Here is the fix.

Your GraphicsV2 folder is missing or corrupted for the kit. You have to uninstall the program NOT THE EXPANSIONS using a good uninstaller like revo ( make sure that when you are prompted by revo after the uninstall to delete all ezdrummer2 folders it finds except the ezx one). Rename your existing folder "Xtoontrack", reinstall the basic EZ 2 and all of the upgrades to it(should not have to reregister, I didn't) it will probably tell you there is an existing installation. Ignore that and reinstall. Once finished and updated, find the new "toontrack" and move the sub folder "ezdrummer" over top of your existing sub folder in "Xtoontrack".folder and let it replace any files it wants too. Delete the "toontack" folder, rename the "Xtoontrack" to "toontrack" Then start the standalone and it will promot you for the sounds folder. Navigate to it, let the program rebuild the whole data base and volia all your kits should work properly.

Hope this helps anyone with this frustrating problem.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016