Eye vision and monitors.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Thanks for the tips, bro :mates:
    So many times we neglect our eyes in the chain of music production.Thousands of euros for an audio card and monitor speakers and then we go cheap on the LED screen.

2. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

DELL = rebranded Samsung, LG, Sharp screens.

3. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

and that's nothing.
    1920px is the bare minimum nowadays, even the 99$ screens are 1920px.

there are already high-end 8K TVs so we can expect 8K pc monitors soon flooding the market.
    4K is already obsolete.

i just wonder how the actual software will deal with it, many many VST plugins are stuck to low-res and can't be resized in any way.

4. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Altering the colour temperature of my screen doesn't work for me, for I do both graphics and audio work on the same setup. Colour accuracy is important to me. The colour on screen has to be the same as I get from hardcopy printouts or else I waste a shedload of fancy papers and inks.

Like O.P. I, too, am glued to a vdu for 12+ hours a day. The problem there is that I tend not to blink my eyes often enough to prevent soreness and red-eye syndrome. I counter that with artificial tears. They're lubricants in eyedrop form (not tested on crocodiles). Of course, looking away from the screen and rapidly blinking my eyes for a few seconds in order to moisten them is also good.

5. G String

G String Rock Star

If you get dry eyes.......break up with your girlfriend. Cheaper than eye drops.