Extracting old Ensoniq CDs (Masterbits)

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by DARKh, Jan 7, 2016.

1. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

well the files could be corrupted...

2. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

One thing to note: The ENSONIQ/EPS file system is not readable under Windows. In other words, a mounted image will appear to do "nothing" and be "blank".

The other thing is (for the non-lazy): Just burn it to a CD with IMGBURN. Import with something that supports Ensoniq format. Profit.

If that doesn't work then your image is bad.

Edit: This method has been tested specifically with Kontakt 5 and the BSOUNDZ release of Masterbits Tekkno T R.A.X. and found to be working.

If you need to check your images for corruption:

MD5 (bin) 123CD558AFE5573B68EA96EF79BD4353
    MD5 (cue) C86E715695C77E7877F0CA8E136E5705

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  3. DARKh

DARKh Newbie

Okay. Well, thank you for all your suggestions, guys. A friend finally sent me a copy of Tekkno TRAX but I'm still trying to extract HotKeys. Fiction, I did exactly as you told me - converted it to iso and tried to load it in kontakt. Still no luck :(

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Well, I've tried it myself with the "Hot Keys" Ensoniq .bin file, converted it to .iso, mounted it using daemontools then opened Kontakt.
    The Ensoniq programs appeared in Kontakt's file browser at the very bottom, and I was able to open the program tree and load every program I selected. I really cannot tell what your issue might be. I can only say that it *does* work.
    No kidding.

5. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star