Extracting Frequencies values from an audio file

Discussion in 'DAW' started by C.R., Jan 7, 2022.

1. C.R.

C.R. Newbie

I need to create a graph from the frequency values in an audio file that demonstrates the changes during the playback of the track. The "music" is just a single sine tone.
    So, I need, say, to have a list of each frequency value for each second of a 5-minute track.
    I already used a tool named praat that does this, but it is not very accurate, say, I know there's a 440 Hz in some parts, and I get 440.3, for example.
    I currently use (own) Studio One, Ableton Live (lite), Fl-Studio, and Cakewalk. I'm really just a noob using DAWs, so I don't know them deeply, I'm not sure if there's some functionality to achieve this.

I could also do it this way. If I use a tone generator and I automated, then, if, any of those DAW's have the functionality to export the values of the automation points as text data.. that would help as well, not sure though, if that's a thing that could be done.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

3. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

before pitch tracking, no matter which what technology, try to apply dynamic expansion and bandpass filtering.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you recommend an alternative to Praat for studying the prosody of singing (tone, intonation, melody)?
    www.researchgate.net/post/Can-you-recommend-an-alternative-to-Praat-for-studying-the-prosody-of-singing-tone-intonation-melody
    www.topbestalternatives.com/praat/

5. C.R.

C.R. Newbie

Thank you very much for your advise. I already did the tour with those frequencies tools. But I came here to this DAW forum with hope of using the DAW route with a plugin or something. I also work with Audacity and Adobe Audition, this last has a very nice feature that manages freq vs db, but it does not the time vs freq :(
    I also was expecting that some DAW might have the function to export the automation values, which will give me a more accurate result than post-procesing the frequencies.