External Sampler + FL Studio 10XXL recording on time

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by ArtexAS, Mar 25, 2015.

1. ArtexAS

ArtexAS Noisemaker

I like to record my samples onto my Sp 303 sampler and apply FX such as Vinyl Sim and misc FX. I have patterns on the SP 303 that I am trying to get into FL Studio XXL 10, to multi-track edit them and add sidechain, etc. My question is this:

If I have multiple patterns in the Sp 303, how do I tell FL Studio to only start recording once it picks up audio from the Sp 303? I need to be able to do this so that my start points will all be the same for each pattern I record into FL Studio (basically so that everything lines up correctly and will have the same swing)

The Sp 303 only has MIDI In, so I don't know if a MIDI interface would solve this problem. I'd like to arm a track inside FL Studio, press Record and then press a pad on the Sp 303 and have FL Studio start recording as soon as a pad is pushed on the Sp 303.

I know FL Studio has an option to record on input, which I take advantage of with my PC keyboard and notes show up in Piano Roll. But will this work with an external piece of gear (ie being able to press a pad on the Sp 303 and that would trigger FL Studio's recording)? Then I could just hit stop inside FL Studio...

Thank you guys!

3. dastony2

dastony2 Noisemaker

an option you have is designating one of your mixer channels for audio input from an external source then adding Edison to the rack.

Press record on Edison before you play and it will record real time.

4. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Yeah, as said abbove, just enable start recording on input on Edison, and it'll record as you trigger samples.