External Drives Automatically Connecting/ Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Nick Bellagio, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

Nick, that could be part of the problem right there. They build gaming computers...not professional audio workstations. There IS a difference. I learned that the hard way. A true DAW isnt just a program used to record, edit and mix. Its a machine designed with specs in mind of what the industry leaders are using during their tests of their hardware/software. While many types of pc configurations may work, sometimes they fall short in the long run and give you headaches like this. A company that designs such DAW computers arent gonna be cheap but they will be cheaper than a Mac in the same category. Just my 2¢

2. demha

demha Producer

Those samsung portable ssd T series usually are a hit and miss with issues connecting and disconnecting problems. You can check the samsung website and some users' reviews complaining similar issues when streaming large files. I can confirm that your pc is fine its the SSD for sure though I couldnt check your exact model of which Tseries since you did not mention which one T5, T7 etc.
    So Yeah you better check with Xidax for a replacement.

3. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

I did a remote session with them the other day and they messed with some settings which I may have missed for power saving. Everything seems to be working fine now.

4. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

Im confused as to what the difference is. All computers have the same components. I do run a lot of CPU heavy stuff but I'm also having CPU issues which I figured buying the fastest possible computer would fix. It is better than my last but I still cant finish a project without it glitching out once I start laying instruments like kontakt all on top of each other.