Extented Audio Recording Driver?!? WTF is going on?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by CharlieCrizzle, Jan 13, 2021.

1. CharlieCrizzle

CharlieCrizzle Kapellmeister

About a week ago i noticed something extremely odd. I have the Kali audio Mountain View BT receiver that i will sometimes hook my monitors up too if just chilling in bed with my laptop. Usually it will connect automatically. But about a week ago, it wouldnt connect automatically. I went into my sound preferences and and Extented Audio Recording Driver was selected and is listed in my drop down. Thats not a typo either. Extented, not Extended. Anyway, to actually connect to the monitors, i have to select the Kali mvbt, then switch back to extented audio recording driver for it to work. Something is super suspect about this though. I didnt purposely install any new audio driver unless it happened to be part of one of the new waves 12 releases ( i dont want anything besides the fucking plugins). I had recently downloaded the apps Soundsource and Audioswitcher, but after thinking they might have been the problem, I deleted them. But still, this unfamiliar audio driver is listed and is making problems. Does anyone have an idea about what the hell i did and how i can delete it and get back to normal? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Ah! I had something similar when I tried out one of those audio routing apps. It fuct my external interface.
    Kept showing up as an option even after I deleted it, and my interface still was shut out because of it!
    After much searching, I eventually found a folder which I never would have expected to have found something related to this in it, but there it was.
    And right now I'm racking my brain but I can't remember where it was.
    And it's crazy because I've used macOS for 20 years now, but it still tripped me up!

edit: ah. The last piece may have been hiding in the HAL folder in Plugins...
    Or MIDI Drivers in Audio folder prior to Plugins folder.
    Let me know.

4. CharlieCrizzle

MJRecorderDevice.driver

guessing this must be it. So just delete the folder?

5. Smoove Grooves

I'm expecting Best Answer for this!
    Well yeah. Delete the driver component. I don't know what folder you refer to, so be careful.
    Where was it?

6. Smoove Grooves

Seems not.

7. CharlieCrizzle

sorry man i had class. It was in the HAL folder. I still havent deleted it. gonna do it in the morning when i wake up. thanks for the help

8. Smoove Grooves

Cool. Yeah, I didn't want you to delete the whole folder, just the relevant driver! <phew>!
    This took me ages when it happened to me, and it really stressed me out too! Because I thought I had deleted everything. So it was unnerving and seemed dodgy just like you said. I thought I'd downloaded something dodgy!
    So the fact I rushed to your help is because I empathise.
    And I think that's worth a Best Answer! :disco:
    It was also your only answer, so....lol

9. CharlieCrizzle

Turns out it was actually a different driver. But i just deleted , restarted, and everything is back to normal. Thank YOu. I was going crazy cuz i couldnt find anything anywhere online

10. Smoove Grooves

Do you want me to tell you where the Best Answer button is? :winker:

11. CharlieCrizzle

gotchu

12. lol316

lol316 Newbie

I actually made an account specifically for help with this issue lol, the suggested solution didn't work for me.