Expressive E Osmose To Start Shipping In December 2022 ($1,799.00 USD)

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by BEAT16, Nov 27, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

2022-11-27_233707.jpg

Expressive E Osmose To Start Shipping In December 2022 ($1,799.00 USD)

Expressive E announced today in an update to their project backers that the Osmose is now in full production, with initial units set to start shipping in late December of this year.

Pre-ordered Osmose synthesizers will be shipped in the order that they were reserved. Expressive E says that fulfillment of pre-orders will carry on through the end of Q1 2023. As the synths are ready to ship, they will be following up to buyers that pre-orded to complete payment and schedule shipment.

The Osmose is a new synthesizer that promises to offer a unique level of expressive control, giving you continuous independent control over the synthesis parameters of each individual note that you play.
    The sound engine is The EaganMatrix, a modular digital synthesizer invented by Edmund Eagan, utilizing a DSP engine designed by Lippold Haken. It is extremely powerful and is the same engine used in the Haken Continuum Fingerboard synthesizer.

Here’s a demo of some of the keyboard’s expressive possibilities, using a pre-production model:

The Osmose was originally introduced three years ago, with shipping planned for Summer of 2020. Production was delayed by the pandemic, so Expressive E used the additional time to add some additional features and deepen the sound library.

Pricing and Availability:
    The Expressive E is priced at $1,799.00 USD and the site says that it will be ‘available soon’.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yeah, I want one; prolly get one when they're generally avail (2023)= ! Wish they did one w/ just the basic (albeit not basic!) keyboard, no onboard garbage sound library; all controlled by laptop etcs. Also various sizes / widths? Bit too expensive rly, hopefully it'll come down in price!

I mean, I see the extra panel on the left and just think: they could've added another 8ve! Or kept the ff, shrunk the keys and added a couple?

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Osmose by Expressive E, first demo

5. dr_after

dr_after Kapellmeister

It looks very interesting and can be in some time a standard for digital keyboards, nice. Although, from my perspective - many of expressive capabilities can be made already with expression pedals and aftertouch. And even more with overdubbing MIDI CC over recorded notes. Probably not as fun as this keyboard but also not that expensive. I wish a good luck for developers, although I will not be a customer.