Exporting Cubase to Ableton

Discussion in 'Live' started by reziduchamp, Mar 21, 2018.

1. runaway

runaway Newbie

@fuziohm: That is correct - the $199 version is for those needing to convert to/from all versions of ProTools or those involving OMF, AAF or native Premiere Pro session files.
    All other DAWs (of which there are quite a few) only require the $59 version
    You are also correct in that we do not convert midi or fx
    As a general rule we convert track volume, pan & mute automation (and a lot of other detail)
    While we cater for a huge number of users and an ever expanding number of formats, unfortunately, we can't cater for everyone's needs but we are continually improving and expanding AATranslator with each release.

2. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

Thanks for your input here and taking the time to reply. I'm reading this as though the VST plugins settings won't be saved with the conversion? Cubase exports the midi information fine for me and it opens in session view about as well as I need it. Volumes is pretty much meh for me, the tracks aren't mixed yet anyway, but its mostly about saving the work in opening up the same synth and its settings between DAWs and the VST effects and their settings.

I'm reading your response as though it doesn't do that at the moment. This is probably the holy grail of a conversion program if that's even possible. As someone just stated (new page, I can't see the poster any more), the coding that the DAW puts into the VST's and VSTi's is the issue in the drag and drop and I'm guessing its a struggle to get around that for your software as well?

3. runaway

runaway Newbie

That is correct, VST/VSTi plugins settings are not part of the conversion.
    Sure it would be a struggle but pretty much everything within reason is achievable.
    I started writing a detailed technical reply explaining why we don't but then I deleted it and decided to answer with 'too hard and not worth the investment' ;-)

4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Agent has assignable custom color/size gui knobs etc for every plugin parameter and midi learn on all (which makes even dated controllers extremely usable) and a smart cpu saver that actually works! Choice of different skins too.
    http://nyrvaudio.com/features.html

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  5. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

Lol. Probably wouldn't have made much sense to most of us anyway. :D