EXPONENTIAL AUDIO - EXCALIBUR [TestDrive]

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by Zen Leo, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you like this plugin?

1. like

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. dislike

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Zen Leo

Zen Leo Member

Hell, there was a lot of my posts :dunno:
    Hello friends. How are you? I did a test drive Excalibur. This is a very interesting plugin. I liked his performance. It does not kill the processor. This plug-in a lot of applications.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

It does in my case (E7600)

It is one of the rare plugs that use that much cpu power :dunno:

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yes, it isn't actually very light on the CPU and the GUI opens so slowly and reacts so slowly as if it is programmed in BASIC or something... terrible GUI programming.

But the sounds you get from it are freaking awesome and a bit unexpected. I love the way it works! Someone else should steal the idea and make a similar plugin and program it in C++ and assembly, with proper GUI. :wink:

While at it, "someone" could make it more easily comprehensible, too. It is a bit confusing, at first, even for a seasoned sound mangling maniac like me.

5. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

Uninstalled it. Not user friendly at all. Ease of use is important to me.. I'd rather chain flanger, reverb, delay etc. in send bus and play with them..

6. Zen Leo

Zen Leo Member

Guys, I can not say anything bad about this plugin.

7. haha

haha Ultrasonic

I believe the name of the parameters is one of the main reason for confusion, otherwise it's not such a busy looking interface. It's hard to understand what each of those knobs does by looking at its name.

This guy has serious knowledge about audio but everybody would win if he would find somebody with equally serious knowledge in GUI programming to help him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

This discussion encouraged me to ponder multifx plugins and I think you can get similar results, even better and far more creative, with Sugar Bytes Turnado, Effectrix, Artillery, and Egoist plugins. There's also Native Instruments "The Finger" and illformed Glitch 1 and 2 of which 1 is freeware. All these are really great multifx plugins with smooth working GUI and instant loading times, not to mention very light protection scheme as Excalibur comes with iLok2 burden.:(

One can also create personal VST chains from available FX and get similar results... just use the same topology. Like dist>chorus>delay>reverb and play with that. :wink:

And Excalibur costs 185 euro!? No way. I'd give 100 euro for it at the most as it is now and if they get rid of iLok2 protection. One can rather get Turnado or Effectrix for 119 euro.

Sorry but I just tell it like it is. :wink:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  9. Zen Leo

Zen Leo Member

@SineWave
    Yes, you have listed interesting plugins.

Excalibur logic interface is confusing. Excalibur loads slowly. It is very expensive. But that does not make him a bad plugin.

I see that there are different opinions about this plugin:)