[EXPIRED] Get Positive Grid Pro Series Studio EQ For FREE (less than 24 Hours!)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Exidus, May 19, 2017.

1. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

[​IMG]

Positive Grid is giving away the Pro Series Studio EQ collection for free (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS plug-in formats for PC and Mac). This is a time-limited offer which will expire today, so act fast.

Pro Series Studio EQ is a bundle of three different equalizer plugins named Digital EQ, Passive EQ, and Tube EQ. These are included as separate products in the download, so you can choose to only install the ones that you want to use. Even though this is a time-limited offer, the plugin licenses will remain active in your Positive Grid user account for future use.

I didn’t have any time to test the included plugins before publishing this article (being that it’s such a quick deal, I’m trying to type this out as fast as possible), but it’s no secret that Positive Grid is among the more respected plugin vendors on the market. They are mostly known for creating quality guitar effects, but I’m eager to hear their digital EQs in action as well. Judging by the information I’ve seen online, Tube EQ seems to be the best sounding of the bunch and the plugins are pretty well optimized (low CPU usage). On the negative side, some users are reporting laggy GUI issues and others are reporting connection timeouts when activating the plugins.

To claim your free copy of the Pro Series Studio EQ bundle, visit the promotions page linked below and add the bundle to your shopping cart (you should see right away that the list price is reduced to $0). You’ll need to log in to your Positive Grid user account to complete the checkout process. The license will be added to your account automatically and the activation details will be email to your inbox. When downloading the product, make sure to choose the correct operating system in the drop-down menu on the left side. Once installed, log in to your Positive Grid user account from the plugin’s interace to activate your license.

Pro Series Studio EQ is available for free download via Positive Grid (343 MB download size, ZIP archive containing EXE installer, 32-bit & 64-bit VST/AU/AAX/RTAS plug-in formats for Windows & Mac OS).

______
    Source: BPB

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Thank you!!

4. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

merci, thank you, obrigado, спасибо, danke !! :D

5. Beth

Beth Guest

cool, neat, nice, hey not bad, chic !! :D

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Cant activate it to standard licence, still shows demo.

Edit; Works now, desktop licence, had to restart the daw ( no other plugins installed).

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  7. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

Did you unlock the network (if you are using something from the sister site you have to..)

Edit: Cool! :)

8. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

343mb for an eq??
    surely shome mishtake..

9. TW

TW Guest

Thanks mate! :like:
    After that aggressive comercial Positive Grid did for this EQs i though i will never test or use them.
    After a short test on bass guitar i have to say i really like the passive eq EL 34 on Bass. I am impressed.

Here is the comercial XD
    Only the sentence is missing " And if you record accidentaly the farts of your dog, dosent matter! This EQ turns them into a number 1 hit!"

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  10. Elisea

Elisea Guest

Thats a fact. Maybe its because of the many formats? I don't like such big packages or at least i don't like the ratio of benefit and hdd space.

11. TW

TW Guest

3 EQS

Tube EQ 190 MB - 116 MB GUI/images
    Passive EQ 137 MB - 63,2 MB GUI/images
    digital EQ 172 MB - 98,4 MB GUI/images

They look soooo fancy :rofl:

12. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

Yeah.. a bit much... I think they also have some IRs inside for the tube distortion and all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Ceja

Ceja Ultrasonic

Does this need some kind of activation? It seems one can just download it after making an account on their site.

14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

They are using convolution and rather inefficient programming techniques, that's why these 3 plugins when you install them take up 500MB. My whole Windows XP takes up a bit more than 500MB. Reaper DAW EXE is 10MB. It's not about HD space though, but efficiency and speed. They do work sluggishly. If they weren't for free I would never neither install them nor use them because I value my time and I value my CPU. I don't believe in convolution anyway.

Besides, it seems like you have to be online to be able to use them. Thanks, but no thanks. :( Say, if I'm recording something on location and there's no Internet available? Moreover, Wi-fi cards are especially hard on DPC latency so if I want to record something with low latency in peace I just have to turn it off. Plus the GUI is a bit sluggish and it looks fish-eye 3D weird and grainy? There's too many things wrong with these plugins... sorry. :(

It might be only me, though. I've got plenty of great EQ plugins already. Pro-Q2, Slick-EQ, EQuality... plus heaps of good saturators and console emulations ITB and OTB.

It could be a really nice gift for somebody, though! :wink:

Really generous of them! Thank you so much Positive Grid! :wink:

Edit: it seems like you don't have to be online to use them! :headbang: Only to login/authorise once [or at some interval?]. So that's good. :wink: Also, they sound perfectly good and look good in VST Analyzer. There is some tube saturation going on and nothing else regarding analogue features - they're pretty static. EQuing is a bit sluggish - adjusting EQ is not instantaneous. Probably a "feature" of convolution processing.

Great gift for the guitarist on a budget! I would use them if: the installation was anything up to about 30-ish MB, 10MB per plugin is more than generous, and it would be nice but not necessary if the GUI looked normal [TM :)] like UAD, DMG, Tokyo Dawn, PSP, Voxengo, Fabfilter etc. plugins.

Funny thing happens when you turn the "mid/hi" button on/off in Tube EQ. I've done it a dozen of times just for fun. :)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

16. ia

ia Producer

can you reverse engineering them please?

17. v-grooves

v-grooves Member

I guess this would be a totally remote chance, but could this free plugin search & report on other Grid products that might not be "properly licensed"??

Just a thought.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  18. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

what a terrible gui. Does anyone use it?

19. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

No chance to activate, was logging via FB, it says activate using FB, but activation doesn't happens. Mac OS

20. tsigoulas

tsigoulas Member

Unfortunately here is asking for $69 USD
    [​IMG]

21. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

It expired mate.. really sorry. Be quicker next time :)