Expert Sleepers Announces USAMO

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by sideshowbob, Dec 10, 2014.

1. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

[​IMG]
    Expert Sleepers has announced USAMO (Universal Sample-Accurate MIDI Output) – a new utility devices that generates a sample-accurate, jitter-free MIDI output from an audio input.

The audio signal is generated by the USAMO software, a plug-in which runs as a virtual instrument (AU/VST/AAX, Mac & Windows) in your DAW. The DAW sends MIDI to the plug-in; the plug-in translates that to audio and sends it to the USAMO hardware, via an output on your computer’s audio interface. The USAMO then reconstructs the MIDI and outputs it on a standard 5 pin DIN MIDI socket.

The USAMO software also generates MIDI clock, Song Position Pointer etc.

Because the MIDI signals are generated and transported as audio, they are guaranteed to be sample-accurately synced with your audio, and free of the jitter often associated with computer-generated MIDI.
    [​IMG]
    The USAMO uses the same technology previously available from Expert Sleepers Silent Way and the ESX-8MD module, but now in a standalone box, and from an analogue audio connection (the ESX-8MD requires a Eurorack housing and a digital audio connection).

Specifications:

Input: 1/4″ audio jack socket, accepts balanced or unbalanced signals
    Output: standard 5 pin DIN MIDI socket
    Controls: ‘Trim’ pot
    Indicators: ‘Power’, ‘Clip’, ‘Activity’
    Power requirements: 9V DC, external PSU
    Power connector: 2.1mm barrel socket, positive or negative tip
    Aluminium box, 108x80x44mm (4.25″ x 3.15″ x 1.73″) (1U high, approximately quarter rack width)

Expert Sleepers plans to launch the USAMO at the 2015 NAMM Show, in January 2015.

via
    http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/12/09/expert-sleepers-announces-usamo-universal-sample-accurate-midi-output/

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Why do i think of Usama bin laden when i saw the name of that gadget? :)

4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Expert sleepers, what a great name. I can so relate to them :)

5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Because you`re a maniac? :rofl:

Indeed, makes me feel confident it`ll work, would be a fantastic module!