Experience connecting 2 computers together?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by thebert, Jan 4, 2015.

1. thebert

thebert Member

Whooo, thanks everybody! You've given me a lot to chew on!

SineWave: I'm going to give Reaper a real look now, as ReaMote seems so easy, and I do want distributed computing, where computers share CPU power for VSTis and effects, as opposed to just streaming. Sorry, my original post wasn't clear about this - I think I didn't know quite what I was asking for, but now I know the terms.

Dalmation: thanks, I'm going to take a look at Wormhole - seems like it's just for audio streaming though?

GluBloB: thanks to you, too. I took a look at CopperLan, which I had never heard of. Haven't quite figured out if it will do what I need, but might.

sisyphus and Mag666: thanks for the Vienna Ensemble Pro recommendation. I will look more into this, too. From the little I've researched, this may end up being the best for me, though yes, expensive. People seem to like it very much.

HalleBnLilSis: thanks for your detailed instructions! I don't understand if this will allow me to distribute CPU power between computers, and run one slave DAW from the other master, but will look into it.

What a great board! You all have been so helpful.