EWQL Hollywood Backup Singers

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Peter Bomhof, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

HI Guyz

I have a problem with the wordbuilder
    if i wrote in votox or other language and i play it on my keyboard the words come out when i take my hands off the keys (so i cant play proper the wordbuilder) Any ideas??
    Thnx in advance
    Greez Peter

3. I wish I had an answer to your question but I don't. I did want to say that I've been finding wordbuilder more tricky to use than I had hoped. From the promo's for it you'd think you'll just type some lyrics in and then press on a key and these great singers will be singing your lyrics for you. Sadly, it's not even close to working that way. Will have to pay a lot more attention to the manual to see if I can make it happen. I hope you find a constructive answer to your question and that you get it working okay. good luck!

4. Fireplace

Fireplace Ultrasonic

Try drawing your notes in the piano roll of your DAW to see if that works as it should. From there on we can look further.

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Please confirm that your MIDI controller has no issues with any other software. I'd assume normally it does not because you posted only this specifically. If not, it definitely sounds like a major latency issue between PLAY/OPUS and your setup somewhere.
    Do you have the wordbuilder choir by East West as well? If so, try that and let everyone know whether the same issue is there please?
    If so, personally, I would uninstall PLAY/OPUS and reinstall if no issues with anything else. If you own OPUS/PLAY, the other alternative is contact their support. Their support is prompt to reply.

EDIT - If your controller is having issues with other software, try uninstalling your audio interface drivers and reinstalling. It can happen with any interface. It's not limited to MAC or Windows.

6. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Hollywood choirs has the same issue btw. Maybe it happens in cracked play software only.

7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Try adjusting the latency in your audio interface as low as possible in the buffers. You should be able to get down to 64 samples? If not 128.
    I am not convinced R2R would release them without nearly everyone who downloaded them complaining? Maybe it is what you suggest but it definitely seems like a play to delay issue. Look at every H/W and driver setting, seriously. It could be a RAM issue too but without seeing it, I am only speculating.

8. Ambar

Ambar Producer

What is your total ram?

9. paki

paki Newbie

Good morning. I have a problem with this software. I downloaded r2r Hollywood back up singers...but I can't find the World Builder phrases folder. Why? Thank you! Could someone send it to me? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2024