Everything related to the classical Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The only classical music that I listened to as a kid was when watching Bugs Bunny. It served me well in my appreciation of all things musical and tuned my ear, as well enabling me to hear common everyday sounds as possible melody, harmony and rhythm.

Carl Stalling averaged writing one complete score every week for 22 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

And they were all INSANE.

4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Milt Franklyn doesn't often get a lot of love but he was great too. Bill Lava... meh :winker:

5. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I'm impressed by musicians in silent cinemas of the early 20th century, as well as following a score they would also improvise to what was on the screen. Forty-three years ago my friend's grandmother offered to teach me how to play a two manual organ but sadly this idiot didn't take her up on the offer. She used to play in cinemas, many years of professional experience. I still regret it and I always will. Not long after I became interested in Bach's organ works but lacking the funds to buy an organ I got a guitar instead. I really wish I had taken the opportunity to carry on this dying/dead tradition, there are almost certainly very few people still alive who did this. It was real artistry and I didn't know it at the time. Musical tradition is important.