Everything related to the classical Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Nov 3, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you for listening. Yes, it is but I did not want to create another thread for it.:bow:

2. foster911

foster911 Guest

One of the best tracks I've heard in my whole life, posted it before in another thread:

3. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

As I have gotten older I can truly say I admire Mozart. He reminds me of Eddie Van Halen on piano on some songs. Others are good as far as classical music goes, but to me he just stands out.

4. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

For those of us who are interested in classical music and philosophy. An amazing documentary!

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Fully Vocal Music:

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

The moment 15:42 is amazing.

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

This piece is so beautiful:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  9. GeekedGlitch

GeekedGlitch Member

https://vocaroo.com/178E1RQHu1XB
    Can anybody remind me the name of this composition? I forgot it, but tried to play the motif, so it obviously has mistakes.

It's probably one of romantic era piano concertos. Not Rachmaninov or Scriabin though...

Attached Files:

10. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

Vivaldi f4ever :)

11. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Ok, here you go:

12. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

ScreenShot_20231021190914.png

https://www.clearvuehealth.com/b/classical-music-intelligence/

N.B. GPT chat gave me this 'explanation':
    Antonio Vivaldi did not compose the oratorio "Juditha Triumphans." This oratorio was actually composed by Antonio Vivaldi's contemporary, Venetian composer Baldassare Galuppi. "Juditha Triumphans" was composed in 1716. Vivaldi is more famous for his numerous instrumental compositions and operas, such as "The Four Seasons" and "The Red Priest," rather than oratorios.
    [Opera 'The Red Priest' does not exist. Vivaldi came to be known il prete rosso (“The Red Priest”) for two reasons: he had bright red hair and was trained as a Catholic priest. This much about the Internet Age contrivances.]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2023
  13. GeekedGlitch

GeekedGlitch Member

IQ by itself is a very doubtable concept... There are many different opinions, including one saying that as many good things on our planet, IQ-test was developed for the needs of US army, so they can sort people specifically well suited for army service. In other words, list the traits needed for army (diligence, obedience, endurance) and you will get your high IQ scoring pupil. :)

Personally me, when I was drafted into the army, skipped the IQ test. I tried to think on it for the first 10 minutes, solved first page and then realised this is all just dull nonsense. So I quickly put random answers and finished second. And do I care about results, LOL.

It just seems brutal to me that someone thinks they can measure the intelligence "objectively". I'm not gonna take part in this pure madness, LMFAO

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  14. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Since 30s when the cinema got sound, classical music moved there...
    and that was good: many listeners got access to such music...even not its lovers...
    My personal preferences for 30-40s movie scores are Casablanca, Captain Blood, The Prince and the Pauper.
    This is a modern performance of exerpt from Casablanca. I like how Max Steiner implemented
    Marseillaise into the score:

15. GeekedGlitch

GeekedGlitch Member

...and not only movies, but also videogames!

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Besides movies OSTracks. I think I've listened three times more classical music since I got into Nightwish. Of course, it's also metal but some songs have incredible passages of predominant orchestra and amazing choirs. It's the shit:

17. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Can we please stop resurrecting Foster threads.
    :guru:

18. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

But I guess, you can not avoid to do it subjectively. You would surely wreck your life if you couldn't tell who's stupid and who's not. And then you would also think that your judgement is objective, or else it would be useless to you.

19. exr777

exr777 Producer

This work deserves careful listening.

20. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star