Everything related to the classical Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Nov 3, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

This kind of music stopped in the 1970s.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Did not want to start another thread for this.

This is Requiem (Mozart):
    The Requiem Mass in D minor (K. 626) by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was composed in Vienna in 1791 and left unfinished at the composer's death on December 5. A completion dated 1792 by Franz Xaver Süssmayr was delivered to Count Franz von Walsegg, who had anonymously commissioned the piece for a Requiem Mass to commemorate the February 14 anniversary of his wife's death.

My favorite part starts at 5:00. Exactly at 6:22 you hear a chord that is really amazing. Really amazing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

My 3 year old son has come into the room and asked me to stop listening. He was pretty scared. I had to put my headphones to continue... lol.

7. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Voice of Arnold Schoenberg:

10. foster911

foster911 Guest

I just changed the title to make this thread more useful and interesting so please post everything you want.

11. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Amazing, how modern it still appears. The main theme from the beginning, that's reflected throughout the piece, is just like a pop melody. And later it will remind you on a 1965 movie score of some Audrey Hepburn romantic film.

12. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Btw: Why did you change the title of this thread?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. foster911

foster911 Guest

As you know every eminent era of classical music has its own breathtaking beauties that we don't know yet. I'm not a distinguished historian but I think we certainly need to spend lavishly time to rediscover them. I have been almost mentally exhausted of 21st century musics that totally suffer from the endless repetition.

One of the principal characteristics of romantic era is its big sounds and long melodies (suppose 2 notes for a whole phrase VS. eg. 8 notes for a phrase in its previous eras). One considerable similarity between our age and romanticism is this. In the romantic era, the pieces are much and overwhelmingly being dominated by the sounds rather than musical ideas so for not falling in the potential and obvious trap of sounds we need to study them comprehensively and maybe chronologically to raise our poor musical knowledge.

Edit:
    Please listen to this track. Yes it's beautiful but I'm sure its creator has created it by happenstance. No decisive chance for him to be able to make such thing in the future because he's not fully but vaguely aware of his music and has done it by putting his fingers randomly on the midi keyboard:

or
    https://clyp.it/5531cavl

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  14. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

this is only a few years old and it is one of my favourite pieces of 'classical' music

15. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

"Trap beat" composed in 1935...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. martel80

martel80 Producer

Please never compare this opus to Trap again, this is a post romantic era grandiose piece of music.
    Trap will be back to what we always knew as the thing to catch mouse before next year.
    Dont be the guy that start a fight :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  17. martel80

martel80 Producer

Perlman was born in Tel Aviv in 1945 from parents imigrating from Poland in the 1930's

I'm not a Jew lover nor a Jew basher but this interpretation of the musical piece destroy my heart every time....

God damn it, i cried again :/

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

Really beautiful:

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

21. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Why are you posting it here? This is New Age, it has nothing to do with classic. Brouk made songs for meditation until she stopped in the mid-1980s creating music in favour of practicing some Yogi based transcendental meditation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List