Everything is fine

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DJ Col, Aug 31, 2011.

1. DJ Col

DJ Col Newbie

Hi everyone

I have been around AudioZ for a little while now and think it is a fantastic site :) so thank you to all the contributors I have learnt so much due to you guys.

I have only just started to use this site and thought this section would be a good place to start my first post.

Below is a link to the latest tune I am working on "Everything is fine" and I would like to share it with you and would really like some feedback. Also if you are on sound-cloud please follow me and I will follow you and we can share the musical journey together.

Everything is fine

Thanks

Col

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Its a well mixed track, but as usual with these kinds of tracks I personally find them a bit typical, repetitive, and hard to play all the way thru.

Sound quality wise.. its tops.

4. seek77

seek77 Newbie

hi col
    track idea is nice
    i like the main melody.maybe try to layer or change the sound for some tension
    and what about some more bassline ?
    the drums sound also a bit empty for me.
    cheers

5. obscure

obscure Newbie

the track's too empty.

And I don't mean empty of instruments (though it is empty of that, but I understand you're still working on it)..

I mean empty of interesting musical material, let's count - you have 2 interesting musical elements

1) the general groove (it's not very dope though, but for a demo rhythm layer its fine)
    2) that infernal riff that you keep on looping over (this melody is VERY good, but it takes up too much space ie. go put some rests in there bro and give our ears a break, and you keep on repeating it as if you can't write any music)

The critique you should take home is this : put more music into that, and it should turn out very well

keep it up

6. DJ Col

DJ Col Newbie

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback and those who have listened to the track. It is great even in a small way to get listened to :break:

I will carry on working on the track as it has only had one session on it and I will repost it when it is finished (do tracks ever feel like they are totally finished?) :wink:

Peace Col