Everyone's [BEEF] with Roland Cloud

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skull, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Skull

Skull Producer

Also, it's a "rent-to-own" which means you still own something. Yes, you still have to pay monthly but you still own it!

2. Talula

Talula Rock Star

What? No, omega bundle cost 999 USD, with promo code the price is 499,50 USD.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  3. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

Most of the time when I hear Cloud I think Scam. People buying into this shit are the same ones who said "Why does everyone hate Windows 10?" and "What's wrong with Facebook? All that talk about spying is just fake news tin foil hat conspiracy theories!"

4. DaVa-67

DaVa-67 Kapellmeister

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't hate windows though I don't like it and I damn hate monthly subscriptions and Facebook.If you like this crap you are not far to be a sheep.:rofl:

6. Jem

Jem Newbie

Hah this is just Britain overpricing things. Get stuff from people in another country instead. Seriously..I just saw they have the Jupiter 8 VST listed for 171 EU on Thomann. That's painful. See, British Roland company, the thing about VSTS is they don't cost anyone dick to make, beyond just hiring programmers and maybe trying to create a vivid filter emulation. But you paint up a VST with the rainbow colors of the Jupiter 8 that gets attention. And everyone knows you're not going to sell anything at a reasonable price. But seriously. 171 EUs for a VST I hope you can get it. I will keep playing my V Collection instead.

7. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

The $20/mo isn't that bad, even though it's double the usual $10. I still don't like it. I'd much rather pay the $400-500 like you would for a suite by Arturia, Native Instruments - and then be done with it. You'd own them forever.

Their "Lifetime" prices are wayyy overpriced. $149-199 a pop? Please.

I'm actually an "Ultimate" subscriber but I still hate the way Cloud is implemented. The way you have to be online to validate the license - and they say it's like "once a week" but I could swear it's more often that that. The Cloud tool is also incredibly cumbersome and annoying - and seems to pop up all the time. I don't like keeping my production Mac online so it's a real PITA.

I need to give East West a try. Do they offer a trial? (As if I need any more sounds :no:)

8. Vleker

Vleker Newbie

I'm not sure what you mean, honestly. But I was a little disappointed in roland cloud because:
    1. It's a subscription (I can't afford it currently)
    2. It is relatively expensive (compared to slate f.e.)
    3. The synths are pretty CPU intensive
    4. Arturia already covers a part of them for $250 on sale

Having said all that, I'd still like to get some of them eventually and am glad they added the option to buy licenses.

Regarding the other things you mentioned, I'm more pissed at Korg. I should've upgraded to the collection last year for $99 because they made it so much more expensive. The upgrade system is weird and you basically buy all or buy one but when you own 3 you can't upgrade for a reduced price. There is no license transfer screwing everyone that wants to resell.

9. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Sorry, what?