Eventide Releases Octavox as a separate plugin

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Ash, Feb 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ash

Ash Rock Star

[​IMG]

Already part of Eventide's Anthology X bundle, the Octavox harmonizer is now available on its own - and at a special launching price.

Formerly available exclusively in TDM format then part of the Anthology X bundle, Eventide's Octavox is now available separately for the first time in Native AAX, AU, and VST formats.

Octavox is a time-based diatonic harmonizing effect that allows to stack harmonies, widen instruments, and create innovative rhythmic sequences. This new version is equipped with expanded MIDI functionality: each voice interval can now be set via MIDI note so it can be used live. It also comes with over 70 presets aimed at a variety of instruments, including drums.

Features:
    • 8-voice diatonic pitch shifter based on technology from Eventide’s flagship H8000 effects processor.
    • Independent manipulation of key, timing, panning, delay, detune, and feedback for each voice.
    • Notation Grid presents pitches on a traditional music staff with a quantized grid for a musical programming experience.
    • Pitch-tracking ‘off’ mode allows it to shine on polyphonic and rhythmic sounds.
    • Updated and expanded MIDI functionality so that each voice interval can be set via MIDI note making it easy to use in live performance to manipulate incoming signals.
    • Over 70 presets optimized for a variety of instruments.
    • Innovative MixLock function allows you to quickly audition presets while keeping the wet/dry mix level static.

Specifications:
    • Mac OSX 10.7+, Windows 7, 8, 10; AAX, AU, VST.
    • No iLok dongle required.
    Announced at a MSRP of $199, the Octavox plug-in is currently available for the introductory price of $99 until February 29th, 2016.

More details: Eventide Audio

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

This plugin looks to me like it is totally awesome but I bet I would never actually use it :/
    Maybe I will demo

4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

You may want to give Eventide stuff a listen. Nothing else sounds quite like their things. They made the 1st digital processing device I ever saw/heard. I still like the magic of a Harmonizer. (Octavox is also is in the Eventide package that may be available somewhere near by. :winker:)