Evenant: From idea to Finished Nonsense

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Esteros, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Exactly the same for me! When they say that you need to write a 8-10 page paper on something they really mean 2 pages of real information and the rest should only be a bunch important words and phrases that are nothing more than fillers :dunno:

2. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

A 7th is a triad with an extra note above it in the 7th scale degree. There are different types of 7th triads, including major, minor, diminished, half diminished, etc. They are used in many genres, including rock, jazz, etc. I like them to use for colouring. Adding fullness, brightness and darkness.

For instance a C major 7th contains the notes C, E, G and B. The notes C, E and G are making a C major triad. The 7th note B makes it a C major 7th triad.

The interesting thing about articulations is that they can sound all great in different purposes which makes it really dependent on the arrangement and the preferences of the composer imo. I quess there is not a right answer for it.

Same for dynamics, but mostly they are used for giving accents to (important) parts. For instance a jumpscare is going to be received differently with no accents and low volume (don't take the volume too literally xD) You want people to shake, shock, moving, etc.

3. Londoner

Londoner Member

Which courses in particular? Thanks!