EV Production - discussion

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Andrew, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Hello,
    I just wanted to inform you, that tomorrow I receive three new instruments.
    - Meinl triangle
    - Tycoon Grand Chimes

And finally, most demanded, long awaited, cursed and then loved, nylon guitar
    La Patrie Concert CW for $700. What does it mean for you?
    That there will be some new libraries in near future. :wink:
    The first two instruments will be sampled probably just by the end of September, while the guitar may take a little longer.

-----

But now comes the bad news.
    Since I made all these libraries for free, I'll be unable to present more libs than just these three unless I could receive donations. The amount of money I received from Ul.to downloads for my Singing Bowl is 2.47€. That's unfortunately not enough to pay back for anything (from renting recording studio to actually paying at least a fraction of the sampled instruments). Hope you'll understand. I'm really not sure how well does this 'asking for donations' work with server or forum rules, so my apologies, SAiNT, you may delete this post.
    While I'm mostly buying these instruments for myself, the libraries I'm making are for the community (with the exeption of Hand Tambourine which I made for myself and then shared).

Why I'm making these libraries? For two main reasons:
    1. It's fun (as long as you have money for doing it) :dancing:
    2. To 'compete' with commercial libraries to offer you free alternative rather than pay-and-go-away approach of many corporations (8dio for instance).
    ---
    3. To offer something new, not seen in standard libraries
    4. To overcome the typical quality standard (44.1 or 48kHz) and present new sound in better sample rate (all my libs are 96kHz).
    5. To show that open libraries where user can access the samples are a lot better than encrypted packages

If I could just get $1 for every download, the production would be sustainable and I could even hire another musician to sample his/her instrument.

By the end of the day, Mediafire suspended my account, so sorry for the inconvenience. :sad:
    -----

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

I am still waiting for the second mike to record the rest of the libraries. It's pretty cheap and it's buggy, yet when you pick the 'working' one, it sounds just amazing.
    The guitar is almost ready for recording. It got new set of strings (thanks to freedom2 for his donation :mates: , unfortunately he was the only one), adjusted truss rod and cleaned resonance chamber.
    I won't tell any more, it'll be surprise. :bleh:
    By the way I've noticed that my libs are uploaded on other sites. It's OK, but please post a link to the original post at AudioZ.info, this thread on AudioSEX or at least my e-mail [email protected]
    . That way the users can ask me questions if necessary.

Nevertheless I'd appreciate some feedback. Did you use my libraries in your project? How well it sits in the mix? Do you use wavs separately or do you load the kontakt patches? :thumbsup: