Europeans suck in POP

Discussion in 'Music' started by art.movement.style, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

2. Grok

Grok Producer

The Gods of Pop were a sweedish band called ABBA.
    They surpassed even the Beatles, from a pop music point of view.
    They are unrivalled and unsurpassed, until now, and they will go into the history of music as the second to none supreme pop music band.
    By the way, they won Eurovision with the song "Waterloo".
    But it was another time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. powerplay

powerplay Ultrasonic

Actually, all pop tunes suck these days.

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

If something sucks,it's the pop music.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Pop music has sucked since it's invention in stone-age :rofl:

6. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

Nope, I quess that's not true by the way. The Netherlands is rated as best European country when it comes to that with 71.45%. Sweden and Denmark are next.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EF_English_Proficiency_Index

7. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

8. guitarie

guitarie Kapellmeister

huh European suck at pop??...i pop beer all day :wink:

koude hertog jan lekkerrrrr

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yes.. the girls even welcome with kisses the grubbiest riff raff from the most wretched countries in the world..
    come to think of it.. I should stop doing my laundry and just show up with a smile on my face..and an empty cup
    in my hand... who knew Swedish girls could be so "easy" :no:

don't forget these guys.. they knew they didn't match up to ABBA.. so they just went with AHA
    cannot think of any other act from Norway that had any success, maybe some metal band.. :dunno:

from a long time ago..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. robotboy

robotboy Producer

It depends on what kind of pop you're talking about. I'm an American and I think that the Brits rule at "trad" pop. There's a lot of great stuff out of Sweden and France also has a long and esteemed pop tradition.

11. robotboy

robotboy Producer

Indeed they are! Back in the 2000s one of my old bands got to play with a neo-mod combo from Sweden and they absolutely tore the roof off the place! Unfortunately I cant remember their name. They had an older drummer who was actually in some well known freakbeat bands back in the day (I think). We also got to play with Soundtrack Of Our Lives. Not strictly pop, but it was fun!

12. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

It's not "who it's for"... "it's who's good at creating pop" music...

BTW: The Brit's are legendary at pop music... (look up The Beatles and move your way through musical history)

Spoken as an ignorant person with predetermined prejudice based on boundaries. You, "lasteno" will NEVER amount to anything with THAT attitude. Music has no boundaries... but you don't know that because you are: discourteous, rude, lack knowledge, are unsophisticated, you are easily angered and can't control your emotions (just based on your 2 replies, 5 minutes apart!).

P.S: Learn your English grammar or at least use a good translator you lazy bitch...

13. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

same goes for "hip hop scene"..
    or whatever term would be more apropriate today..

all that amerikan, mellifluously precious economic goods.. dayum..

amerikan perception/appreciation of "non-native-american".. khm..
    non-english.. spoken music..

classical music is not amerikan thang?
    how old.. july 4th 1776.. oh well.. baby steps..

14. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

Hello @art.movement.style :bow:

Friendly greetings from Jupiter [​IMG] :bow:

Just a friendly reminder.....you are here :wink::bow: :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@art.movement.style
    many blessings to you & best wishes :wink: :bow::bow::bow:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I was just taking the piss (literally). *joke. over head. you*. We all know it's Foster.

I was named after Paul McCartney by my musician parents. I was raised on The Beatles' catalogue of work actually. I think that is why melodies come easy to me, amongst other things.
    Edit: When they released the Anthology series I sort of became a Beatle fanatic. I bought all the VHSs and CDs and read the biography "Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now" by Barry Miles. Great book! Great memories!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  16. PutDaCream

PutDaCream Newbie

David Bowie, The Beatles, ABBA, a-ha, Duran Duran, Elton John, Bjork, Sinéad O'Connor, Blur, Oasis, Pulp, David Guetta, Daft Punk, Avicii, Tears for Fears, Boney M, Amy Winehouse, Adele... Yep. Europeans suck.
    And I could mention some more you never heard of and are indeed very good.

P.S. - I dont like all of these, I just went with some big names. But the first 3 alone would turn your argument invalid...

17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

she's European? oh thank god..and all this time I thought she was another American pop "waste-oid" :deep_facepalm:

and even "time" itself has been dubbed a "persistent illusion" by A. Einstein..
    enjoy your illusions while you can, they don't last forever..

18. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Pretty woman the movie - Roxette

I could probably fill this page up with major European Global pop music - Anyone can write a great pop song no matter which country they originate from.

In the 70's and 80's with Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, YES, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, the UK Rock musicians said Americans were shit rock players. That isn't true either. Whatever is most popular at specific points in time, never denotes ability, only popularity.

19. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

have you seen the sky lately ? I think there a BIG fly floating there .. look.. it is floating between the clouds.. can you see it ?

20. btmybrother

btmybrother Newbie

Music changes. it's the fluid nature of reality. It's interesting how much politics play a role. there is no doubt that Jewish immigration into the United States brought with it a huge influx of people and talent. Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, Kiss, and the Ramones. Are all the result of a Jewish migration into America. Same with Hollywood Movie scores, and Music Production, Management of artists. So much of the music and movie talent in america, children and now grandchildren of displaced Jews. They are a big part why Americas opera's and orchestras were so incredible during the last century. As well as a lot of the talent teaching in the colleges. Thats just one migration and one "People". It's not like "America" really has anything. we are all just displaced people. I'm a german jew gypsy austrian german scots irish welsh englishman. It has a lot to do with culture. Europeans have healthcare, education, good standards of life, etc. In america? you hope and pray and work your balls of to become a successful musician just so that if you get cancer you can afford treatments. American fame culture is a silly idea sold down to the lower classes by the rich. The stupid idea that if you just work hard enough, in america anything is possible. Its a total crock of shit. But its why poor people in america, whether blacks, jews, or appalachian white trash. why we try so hard to make it. and why we dream so big of being silly things like: movie stars, boxers, football players, models, musicians, movie writers, video game writers. We dream because the reality is so shitty over here for 80% of people. All we have is dreams of something better. So we practice like insane nuts. and write songs over and over and over. hoping and praying something will get better. I think for a lot of Europeans. the actual reality of how bad it is in some american neighborhoods. and entire areas. would be more than shocking. when i live in amsterdam. most of the dutch thought TV was fake. And that movies were just a joke. They didn't understand that American life is 10X harder than anything they've ever seen in a movie or TV show. Try going through some southwest indian reservations. or some ghettos in balitimore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List