Europa : Can You Hear Us Now ? One synth Audiosex challenge

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Spyfxmk2, May 31, 2018.

1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

on first listen..an interesting foray.. did all the sounds come from Europa ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Very nice song @Beth ,
    Where are the drums and vocals coming from?

4. Beth

Beth Guest

Thanks @mrpsanter :shalom:

The vocal is from Freesound with an added 'Radio FX' preset from Izotope Neutron
    (https://freesound.org/people/Roses1401/sounds/419262/ licensesed for cc creative commons use)

The drums are three different layered beats from my "Interesting & Maybe Useful One Day Beats Folder" (original sources not known as i just keep some samples that catch my ear from various packs i have downloaded over time.
    If you want the individual drum samples pm me and i'll send them to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks for the offer but I already have too many drum samples, I was just curious because they sound nice. :wink:

6. Beth

Beth Guest

Yeah i know what you mean. i recently had a major cull and deleted lots to free up some hard drive space :)

7. Beth

Beth Guest

@Spyfxmk2 thank you the Europa pic.....here are some designs to consider :shalom:

(temp edited)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I love the first one the most, great. :yes:

9. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Two things...

1) Propellerhead would likely try to find purchase receipts for all those who used Europa on your proposed idea. The association of Audio Sex and AudioZ is not a good one. They will most likely assume that the synth was pirated and thus, you all have exposed yourselves to some serious legal indemnification...

2) Because by law, if you submit the album to Propellerhead (assuming Propellerhead EVEN wanted the album), they would require all the names of the writer's along with an agreement of full disclosure and release of the tracks AND album. They would outright own it at that point. All this is done to prevent any possible litigation stemming from use of the name(s) Propellerhead, Europa and all of its preset/patches, etc. Anything that is legally copyrighted by Propellerhead and to prevent anyone from making any money from the use of their product(s) without prior consent according to their EULA.

Just sayin'...

If disassociate the project from AZ and AS... then that's a better approach. But still, they will want to know how you got a copy of Europa since you didn't purchase it. (All 3rd party sellers have to report sales information back to Propellerhead which is why webpages trace IP's along with the cookies they implant in your OS, etc.)

10. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Your VPN is not as secure as they would make you believe. Haven't you noticed the junk mail you receive and how it STILL relates to the webpages you recently visited? (you can try to deny it's happening to you but you'd also be liar).

The slough of VPN's available are under no legal obligation to actually provide you the 100% fail-safe service they claim (read the fine print) or they would also include a monetary guaranty like "if your IP is ever revealed to any outside server/3rd party, then you may be entitled to $25,000 in damages". That's why these companies hide their true locations of operation.

It's just like when Norton/Symantec worked out deals with computer manufacturer's to provide "free" 90-day anti-virus/malware protection. Then, they would send messages stating that your computer has been infected but if you subscribe, they will remove the viruses. Then when you didn't pay for it (or nenew) they would start piping ACTUAL viruses into your computer!! It's because they create the viruses!! That's their business and how they make their money!! They were busted for it but then a bunch of other fly-by-night companies started popping up and doing it too.

It's the same thing with VPN's... veiled product representation (with the occasional false claim) aimed at the vulnerable and paranoid consumer that's trying to hide from something!!!!!!!!:rofl:

11. No Avenger

We're going pretty off topic here, but what I find interesting, that I don't use VPN or thor and have hardly any junk mails and none of them is related to the webpages I visited. Maybe switch cookies off?

12. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

@Beth thank you :bow:, the first one is the winner for me :bow:,the third one is so nice :bow: & the second one so classy :bow:

13. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Have edited/mixed a little, usually, vocals would direct the direction.
    So I tried to make it less repetitive, but I'm still not done with it.

C3PO Keys x3, Rodent Lead, In a lonely place, Rumble Kick Bass, Noise lightning, clicky Sine

I used blasian beats the north kit for the drums, and the needle fx in the start was a cheat

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  14. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

@LuckySevens ,
    Well I have to admit that you certainly have a (good) point: Now I see that my idea wasn't a good one, sorry guys.

15. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I am trying, unsuccessfully so far, to wrap my head around this concept of "too many." I was under the impression that "Just one more...." is the correct amount of kits to own. Maybe I was misinformed. :winker:

Who knew that this topic wasn't going to die? Again, all of this is being blown way out of proportion. [See: previous post] Here are a few new things that some of you people who are on some illogical, shooting-at-ghosts-to-try-kill'em type shit might want to think about.
    What is with this "All Must Fear The Wrath of Propellorhead," crap? Some of you act like these people are hot on the trail of every pyrate who has ever lifted a drum kit or something. Do you know why you never hear about people getting busted for pyracy? Because it *rarely happens. Hell, if it was a real issue, pyrates getting slapped with five-figure fines and and incarcerated in corporate owned jail in small, remote regions of the world that aren't to strict on prisoners rights, don't you think this shit would be blowing up on the web? It isn't, because it's not a real thing. The most bloodthirsty of companies who have caught prominent uploaders usually slap a small fine on them (the courts aren't going to let them take your house because you uploaded the newest version of Ozone,) and, *commonly just pick them for information, largely because most companies are foolishly under the impression that uploaders are all buddies who meet up every Saturday and discuss illegal activities. The ineffective qualshing of pyracy is partially due to the courts having a tendency to be fairly lenient on pyracy, seeing as it is something relatively new and that, as many lawmakers and judges have admitted, it is kind of difficult to rank pyracy alongside actual theft since nothing physical is being stolen and the profits lost are really just the *projected *income that the companies may or may not have lost due to people obtaining the pyrated copy. And, One More Thing That I Cannot Stress Enough--Pyrates Are Not Being Targetted by Companies; Uploaders Are The Ones They Are After. This has been said time and time again by many mother companies of music labels, movies houses and so on. So, seriously, read up on all of this, it is an interesting topic and might save you some sleepless nights worrying over whether or not that sound that you were sure came from the bushes outside your window was the goons that FabFilter sent over to eXACT their revenge for kyping their Everything bundle off of some torrent site. :rofl:
    (And as for the safety of AudioZ and the possible exposure, everyone knows about the site, from producers who make packs to companies that make DAWs, VSTs, Plugins, etc., and yet SAiNT has kept a steady hand on all of this for how long? AudioZ will be fine. It's not like they haven't been "found" by every major company, as well as many producers who make packs, and contacted by some of them in one fashion or another. Why do you think they have had to take down packs, DAWs, etc., from their site from time to time?)

16. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@Kwissbeats ... love that chilled out lazy groove... nice work!:like:

17. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

18. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@Beth ... cant see the link in your post?

19. Same here, my first impression was also poop and it hasn't changed one iota. If it looks like poop, smells and tastes like poop, then it must be poop...anyway, to me. I really wanted to add my two cent song for this compilation, but the hours that I spent getting to know the synth never led to my enjoyment or appreciation of either it's sound quality or flow. With or without it's onboard effects it just leaves me flatter than if a tortilla had a love child with a piece of matzo. I tried, lordy lordy how I tried.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. No Avenger

I know, we're late, my fault.

This is the second collab of Spyfxmk2 and me.

I started with the bass idea, Spyfxmk2 played and mixed the synths with this presets:
    Pluck Train Sequence
    FACT lead
    AH_Drunk_Harp
    Electromagetic

finally I added the drums with Addictive and "mastered" it. Here's the result:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List